Drill bit for bergers

The standard hole size can vary for the each of the bullets you listed(even by lot of the same bullet). I don't change(cut) the dimension, just clean up the occasional clogged, or deformed/burred hole. This set covers the full range you are likely to encounter...generally .025"-.050".

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MG7D8IZ/?tag=lrhmag19-20

Why not buy a REAL bullet???
From my experience with Berger bullets, I would not shoot at anything bigger than a coyote.

elk at 553 yards. 230 Hybrid with .055" drilled tip. Bullet entered front of neck and ended up under the top of the shoulder about half way through. Still weighed about 75 grains after taking out about 3 neck vertebrae.
IMG_20191011_175700139.jpg

I bought the meplat trimmers for my .308 and 7mm Bergers and it eliminates the closed tip issue. The little tiny drill bits were kind of a pain in the *** and they broke easy too, even with a good pin vice. They say trimming the meplat results in a .02 moa deficiency, but I noticed no difference in accuracy at all out to 600 yards. The only one I buried in a furry critter this year was a 230 hybrid out of my .300 norma in an Axis deer buck at 100 yards. Kind of overkill, but it did very little meat damage and performed just as expected.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts