Dream hunt animal

Most things are beyond me now. To old and not very good on my feet any longer. I would and dream about hunting all those animal. Back when I couldn't afford it. Now I can somewhat, but to old. That's life, and so be it. I can hunt from a blind and still shot, but about it. I still dream about those hunts. It's sometime like my cousins I hunted with. They got older and the rest of still get out there and hunt. They would pick us up at another point. I am moving toward the last stage of hunting. Just the love of being out there. I don't really care if I get anything anymore, just being there is something to live for. If you can and have the funding to do it go. Life will quickly pass you on.

I too had dreams of exotic hunts in Africa , Alaska , NW Territories , and somehow life and responsibilities came first and got in the way of those dreams .
When I was young enough , I could not afford the cost , and the time necessary to go on those hunts .
Now that I am in the Autumn of my life , I can afford some of those hunts , but I now have physical and health issues that limit my activities .

Now , my true DREAM HUNT would be to go back to the early 1960's , when my Dad and Pop (Grandfather) would take my Brothers , neighborhood friends , and me down to the Colorado River , near Bend , Texas , on Labor Day weekend , for a 3 day Dove and Squirrel Hunting/Fishing and Campout , at a place called "Cal's Crossing" - a HUGE Pecan tree orchard on the banks of the Colorado River .

Those are the best hunting memories of my lifetime .

It was always Rocky Mt Bighorn growing up. That became undoable for me as an Easterner who is not into all of the draws it would require to even think about it. I switched to dreaming about Alaskan Dall a long time ago. I may get to it someday but the price keeps going up and I keep getting older. I'm out of space for any more big mounts. Hmmm sounds like I've already talked myself out of it.

For me its an elephant and cape buffalo, both are dream hunts for.me. the Elephant if i had to pick just one. I am booked.to go next June and oddly enough I just got the rifle a couple days ago and I am about to start load development today. She is a Kreighoff Classic 470 N.E.View attachment 385788View attachment 385789
Them some mighty big holes. Bet it hurts from both ends!

A lux type rock chuck hunt - early 0615 tasty breakfast served by cute, nice waitress, catered lunch under shady awning tent at 1200, catered tasty snacks at 1430, gourmet dinner at 1830. Total upscale lodgng with premo drinks & food. One shot every 15 minutes at ranges up to 600 & more. Transport by foot under 1/4 mile, more by vehicle (old guy). Opportunities to shoot 10 or more rifles. Fishing for trouts before sunset. End of day at nice bar with opportunity to watch first run movies. Western part of time zone.

Last edited: