Dream hunt animal

B50AA4BA-E7D6-4E8D-B5D3-E4000CCDB600.jpeg
B50AA4BA-E7D6-4E8D-B5D3-E4000CCDB600.jpeg

African hunt are out of the picture for me. Although there are many that would peek my interest.
My bucket list is a nice Bison and a big Bull elk. Going to for the elk this fall 😁
not beating a drum, but, africa hunts have never been cheaper. i have been blessed to go 26 times. the last 2 years , prices habeen cheaper than my first hunt in SA 29 years ago. i shot my 2nd and 3rd cape buff for under 7 k each. cheap for what it is. most hunters can afford africa with a little planning. if someone wants to talk about it, email me at [email protected].

My gosh, I dream about hunting all the time. Whether it is a whitetail or a Red Stag, I think about it a lot. I had a close friend that traveled the world and collected a huge number of game animals. His taxidermy fees were beyond belief. I have never been stricken by the desire to fill my home with trophies of game mounts. My wife would object anyway. I would love to go to New Zealand and hunt a quality red stag for the pure experience. Too busy raising a family and making $$ in my younger years. Now retired and setting my sights on just getting out in the woods with my rifle by my side.

not beating a drum, but, africa hunts have never been cheaper. i have been blessed to go 26 times. the last 2 years , prices habeen cheaper than my first hunt in SA 29 years ago. i shot my 2nd and 3rd cape buff for under 7 k each. cheap for what it is. most hunters can afford africa with a little planning. if someone wants to talk about it, email me at [email protected].
I am pretty surprised you got a Cape buffalo for under 10k. When I was there last year I would have been very tempted by a 7k Cape buffalo. I took a Sable because the price was down from what I had seen in the past. I am hoping to go again in 2024. I doubt I will get to 26 times in my life though. Congrats on all that time in Africa. My trip was 8k with flights and tips. Not taxidermy or shipping included in that number. I took a Nyala, Sable, Impala and a greater Kudu.

My gosh, I dream about hunting all the time. Whether it is a whitetail or a Red Stag, I think about it a lot. I had a close friend that traveled the world and collected a huge number of game animals. His taxidermy fees were beyond belief. I have never been stricken by the desire to fill my home with trophies of game mounts. My wife would object anyway. I would love to go to New Zealand and hunt a quality red stag for the pure experience. Too busy raising a family and making $$ in my younger years. Now retired and setting my sights on just getting out in the woods with my rifle by my side.
i spent 2 years in new zealand, 50 years ago, as a mormon missionary. what beautiful country. i too have a desire to hunt red stag sometime, but because of much better price will probably do so in south america, argentina. also gr8 red stag, i mean GINORMOUS in canada! Saskatchewan i believe.

i spent 2 years in new zealand, 50 years ago, as a mormon missionary. what beautiful country. i too have a desire to hunt red stag sometime, but because of much better price will probably do so in south america, argentina. also gr8 red stag, i mean GINORMOUS in canada! Saskatchewan i believe.
You go to New Zealand and I get stuck on Georgia for two years…the big man likes you better lol.

Having a career as a teacher has made it impossible to do any western hunting. In retirement my goals now are to shoot an antelope (heading to Wyoming this September) and the ultimate for me would be an archery elk. I've been collecting preference points in Wyoming but possibly NM also. With no experience and not so great mobility, I'm planning on a guided hunt for elk. We shall see.

I am pretty surprised you got a Cape buffalo for under 10k. When I was there last year I would have been very tempted by a 7k Cape buffalo. I took a Sable because the price was down from what I had seen in the past. I am hoping to go again in 2024. I doubt I will get to 26 times in my life though. Congrats on all that time in Africa. My trip was 8k with flights and tips. Not taxidermy or shipping included in that number. I took a Nyala, Sable, Impala and a greater Kudu.
have multiples of most. 17 kudu, most 54 to 58 in, and one 62 in monster. all my big guys are free range. big eland x 4, sable x3 one 49.5, cape x 3, dozens of others. blessed with a gr8 ph/friend who is so good with fees and gr8 opportunities for his hunters. his attitude is to make you so happy you wish to, and can afford to come back. not common.