Downsizing- To a New 6mm Build

TXTrained

I'm wanting to build a bolt gun in a s m alker size because of costs per shot due to all the high prices.. .Such as the.powder,primers,bullets,brass.
Hell throw in diesel too...LOL
I have a 6mm ARC AR15 that shoots good but I want a bolt gun.Ive got dies and brass & all that.And about 1,000 bullets.
My question is what short action 6mm is the best choice? 6 BR, 6 Dasher, 6GT or what?
A ND 2nd question is do any of the others than 6mm ARC also fit in an AR15 if I wanted build it later? Thanks

If you're worried about component consumption try 6X45 -- just a 223 necked up. I have one and it's great, I built it for my kids to hunt deer with given our .243 minimum bullet restriction. I've got a 6.5 Grendel (also for the kids, AR pistol) and a 243AI as well...that one's a wonderful shooter....these are all good options.

6X45 runs in an AR with only a barrel change, Grendel required barrel/bolt head/mag.

Performance wise the 243AI will run circles around just about any other short action 6mm, 6mmRem the exception, which runs about the same or possibly a bit faster.

Thank you. I want something a little bigger.Id like to stay in the b6mm catagory if I can..
I have the 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel and 223 Ackley Imp. I am wanting something comparable to shoot 1000 yards to 1200 yards. And one that does not take a lot of powder. Ive got a bunch of big guns..7 Rem Mag, 300 PRC,33 XC,6.5 CM, 6.5 PRC , 284 Win.. Im just trying to have fun shooting a smaller cartridge that is also competitive if I want to shoot 1000 yds maybe.Thanks for your suggestion.

Thank you. I want something a little bigger.Id like to stay in the b6mm catagory if I can..
I have the 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel and 223 Ackley Imp. I am wanting something comparable to shoot 1000 yards to 1200 yards. And one that does not take a lot of powder. Ive got a bunch of big guns..7 Rem Mag, 300 PRC,33 XC,6.5 CM, 6.5 PRC , 284 Win.. Im just trying to have fun shooting a smaller cartridge that is also competitive if I want to shoot 1000 yds maybe.Thanks for your suggestion.
6 BRA would be my choice, it's extremely popular in PRS given its good barrel life

6gt if you are going to run from a magazine. 6dasher if you are willing to fiddle around a bit to get it to feed.

The dasher has a pretty solid rep for accuracy, I would prob start there if I was going to single feed.

I'm wanting to build a bolt gun in a s m alker size because of costs per shot due to all the high prices.. .Such as the.powder,primers,bullets,brass.
Hell throw in diesel too...LOL
I have a 6mm ARC AR15 that shoots good but I want a bolt gun.Ive got dies and brass & all that.And about 1,000 bullets.
My question is what short action 6mm is the best choice? 6 BR, 6 Dasher, 6GT or what?
A ND 2nd question is do any of the others than 6mm ARC also fit in an AR15 if I wanted build it later? Thanks
Best for what?

The .243 or others similar in length will run in an AR10.

I competed to 1000yds with my 243AI. Starting out at >3200fps with 105s helps it stay relatively competitive.