DONE TRIMMING!!!

223/556 in an ar GROW EVERY TIME.
once fired lake city needs to be trimmed.
I use to do 1000 at a time on the Dillon.
2 550's.
one to size/deprime
one to trim
cut primer pocket crimp on a lathe with a hand tool
retool the first 550 to load.
maybe 2k a week
I have 8700+/- .223 cases. About 4000 loaded up at any given time. I trimed and chamfered each case to minimum. Took forever! I will never do that again! When they grow enough to need trimmed again, I give them to my brother.

Last edited:
Is this a challenge?! I do them in 1000 piece lots, in a few hours! And the Lee APP press w/swage kit, just up'd my production, it's legit!

Were you using these?
leeCaseTrimmer.jpg

Cause thats where I started and doing 1000 in a couple hours sure isn't happening.

Were you using these?
View attachment 197625
Cause thats where I started and doing 1000 in a couple hours sure isn't happening.
I have a Lyman EZEE trim for when I want to sit in front of the TV and relax and trim. But for the full bulk processing, when I get batch of 1K 5.56 in, that's done in the shop, with a Frankford Arsenal case trim/prep center. Some of the reloading tools can be pricey, but when they save you a lot of time, they're worth it.

1591582321044.png
1591582390367.png

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.