Does shaving bullets while seating pose danger?

Bigeclipse

I made a dumb mistake while loading bulk 223 on my dillon. After loading about 30 rounds I realized I forgot to chamfer the cases and saw I had definitely been getting copper shavings from seating bullets. I understand this will likely cause poor accuracy but will it pose any danger? Again. These are bulk loads for shooting body targets at like 30 to 50 yards so I really don't care about super accuracy. Thoughts?

In my experience, you shave jacket while seating, or pull bullets and mar them up, and reuse them, they will now shed copper easier when fired. You have now altered the polish job of that bullet.
I am not saying it is some insurmountable problem, but something I stay aware of and clean accordingly.

Maybe use a Lyman M die to open those case mouths just a smidge. Then crimp with your die of choice. Thats what I do and my bulk ammo shoots near MOA.

I would add to these other comments that if a burr is left where the case mouth and bullet meet you may lock up the gun by round getting stuck in chamber. Ask me how I know...

JB

I wouldn't worry about it but if you find them hard to chamber you may have pushed the shoulders out with the pressure of seating! ( And don't worry about them flying upside down and backwards...🤣 you are only shooting a short distance)