Do you use sealer or moisture sealer on your reloads?

WE USE IT FOR POLICE SNIPER AMMO. USE A VERY SMALL, THIN BRUSH AND CLEAR NAIL POLISH. HAVE A CARTRIDGE ROTATOR, AFTER A WEEK IN "WARM BOX" SEAL JUST EDGE WHERE BULLET MEETS NECK, AND EDGE OF PRIMER. CERTAINLY SEEMS TO HELP LR ACCURACY ALSO!

Water is one thing, humidity is something different because it can directly have an effect on load performance during and after the load process. Chronoplotter. If I recall correctly, there's ~ 29fps difference every 10% humidity. Powder burns by weight, not by volume. So I think it really depends on what your intentions are. Range time with the 223/9mm etc.. probably not so much. If you're shooting F-Class, Benchrest, ELR or even PRS, these numbers mean something totally different.

I personally don't seal my rounds. I control the humidity in my loading room and for each container of powder. I generally load the night before I have a match so my loads generally don't swing in velocity very much.

Chronoplotter has done a significant amount of research on the subject of humidity, loading, and shooting. So if this sort of thing interests you, his research is free to read.
Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.

I found a bunch of .270 reloads that I did up many years ago and they turned green with a corrosion-looking film on them, I thought what the heck I will throw them in my wet tumbler and see what happens. They came out sparkling clean, I took them to the range just for giggles.
Not one misfired.
YIKES! Did you ever consider that one of those rounds might have gone tip to primer and made a mess of your tumbler?

YIKES! Did you ever consider that one of those rounds might have gone tip to primer and made a mess of your tumbler?
That practice is actually a bit risky - the powder kernals can break up and thus increase the burn rate. I took apart some 220 Swift cartridges with a super tight neck using a kinetic bullet puller - it took a lot of raps to remove the bullets. There was literally a lot of "powdered" powder in the case. RCBS warns against this practice for that reason.

That practice is actually a bit risky - the powder kernals can break up and thus increase the burn rate. I took apart some 220 Swift cartridges with a super tight neck using a kinetic bullet puller - it took a lot of raps to remove the bullets. There was literally a lot of "powdered" powder in the case. RCBS warns against this practice for that reason.
Yet they sell kinetic bullet pullers. Do as I say, not do as I do. Hmmm.

Yet they sell kinetic bullet pullers. Do as I say, not do as I do. Hmmm.
Kinetic bullet pullers are way too much work. Put the shell in your press with a shell holder and no die. Lower the handle until the bullet is above the press. Grab it with a pair of sidecutters and push up on the handle. You aren't going to reuse the bullet anyway with powder and primer prices what they are today

Kinetic bullet pullers are way too much work. Put the shell in your press with a shell holder and no die. Lower the handle until the bullet is above the press. Grab it with a pair of sidecutters and push up on the handle. You aren't going to reuse the bullet anyway with powder and primer prices what they are today
Oh yeah. I think I used a kinetic a few times but though it too much of a safety issue. Slamming a live cartridge on a concrete floor makes my skin crawl.

I have never used a sealer in over 40yrs of loading and I live and hunt in the Pacific NW which = RAIN and have not had any issues. We don't deal with humidity on our side of the Cascades (West side) other than what boils out of the top of my head and from my shirt/jacket but I don't pack my ammo there anyway. 😜

I used to do this but you can use a bullet pulled with a kinetic hammer - not so with a collet type die.