Do You Own a Hornady Reloading Manual? Could use your help

Troutslayer2

I've got a box of 200 grain Hornady XTPs and a jug of Allilant 2400. Wanting to load up some stout 44 MAG loads for rifle. I can not find this data anywhere, it's not even in the instructions that came with the HORNADY dies (though there is a lot of load data), nor on their web page. I guess they want you to buy their book unlike most other manufacturers who seem happy to give this stuff out for free on their web page. Alliant doesn't give data on that bullet and the internet doesn't seem to have a lot of consensus on this combo. Can someone tell me what the Hornady manual says?

I need OAL, Min and Max with that combo, and maybe what kind of FPS they say it's going to produce with what barrel. I would would be really grateful and you might even prevent me from blowing my face off. Thanks.

Sorry, that is pistol information for 7 1/2" barrel. For Ruger Carbine with an 18" barrel information is;

OAL 1.6
Min 20.5 gr. for 1600 fps
Max 25.8 gr. for 2000 fps

This is from the Hornady 10th edition manual.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts