Do you remember the first centerfire rifle you fired and do you reload for that caliber today?

8 Mauser......I grew up in a family that didn't shoot, hunt, or fish. I was alone in that desire , but it was strong none the less. I did odd jobs at 12 years old to buy an old military surplus 8mm at otasco for 89 bucks. I bought a couple hundred rounds of surplus ammo and had to start saving money again to be able to shoot within a couple days, lol.

First center fire I shot was a M16A1 that my uncle who was a deputy sheriff kept in the trunk of his vehicle back in 1973, and I still load that cartridge but not for that rifle. My first rifle was a 1976 Interarms Mark X in 270 Win. Needs a new barrel but I still shoot and reload for it.

I grew up in a country where rifles were illegal and pellet air rifles had to be registered and licensed. However people owned them. My first was a WWII BrenGun. On a bipod. 303 British. No kick. Second was a Lee Enfield again WEII. That one kicked. I think I was in first grade. Maybe younger. Pass forward 20 years, first rifle I bought, German WBY MKV 300WBY. Shot 96 rounds that first day. Previous owner gave it to me. Black and bleu for a week. Still own it. Still love the caliber. I reload for ever center fire rifle and handgun I own.

Mauser Model 95 , in 7 x 57, still with Military barrel, that was bedded in a Fajen Varmint stock. Yes , hand loaded for it.

FN Mauser in 257 Roberts with double set triggers. My dad bought it when he was stationed in Bad Tolz with the 10th SFG. I ground hog and deer hunted with it when I was a teenager. Killed my first buck with it and handloaded for it when I was 15. Two falls ago I used it to take two does for the freezer one evening with Barnes 80grn TTSX that I load for it now.

14 years old. M1Garand as part of junior shooting program. I have one of the NM versions we were shooting - I reload and periodically shoot it today.

A 30.06, I bought a Weatherbyfor half price in the early 80s at a Montgomery Wards that was closing, I still have the rifle and still reload for it.

The old Marlin Glenfield 30-30 carbine and it is a bug hole weapon with factory 150 grain Remington's , my son even shot a 3 shot group that was easily covered with a dime when he was around 10 years old. My favorite rifle inside 200 yards . it sports one of my 40-50 year old Kahles 56 MM 3X9 aluminum scopes today , has never had copper cleaner in the barrel and never will unless it looses accuracy. It is so familiar to me , it's like part of my body. Countless hogs and deer have fallen to it , some times aligning 2 pigs and dispatching both with one shot. We have RCBS dies but they are for an old Savage-Stevens bolt action 30-30 that I will load Hammers in when I am done with my 3 30 caliber hunting rifles. So much to do and so little time left to accomplish them . Very strange how all of us that have been raised with killing instruments in our hands as children can have so much love and affection for inanimate tool . Life is short and our destiny comes soon , seek Him that can save and do His Will , His plan and live for His purpose . I hope not to offend but to defend as I am lead . <><

My first time shooting was a Cooey 22. Think I was 8-9yo. Absolutely my best open sight rifle ever.
First centre fire rifle I ever shot was a military Lee Enfield 303, which is also my most memorable. Shot my first and biggest WTD; 14 pointer that put 185lbs of meat in the freezer ( including ribs).
Don't reload either.
First long range shooting was during my military service. A 7.62 (308Win); L1A1 Self-Loading Rifle, also known as the SLR (Self-Loading Rifle), by the Canadian Army designation C1A1 (C1) (the one I used) or in the US as the "inch pattern" FAL. Produced by the Belgian armaments manufacturer FN Herstal. Back in my hay day I could shoot consistently 1MOA out to 600M. Wasn't a bad rifle for a general service rifle with post and peep sights.
Did hours and hours of shooting with the 22barrel insert. Absolutely hated humping this rifle around as it was a heavy beast.

Greatgpa's iron-sighted 30-30 Win lever killed first deer with it 6 yro. It is still in the family passed on down to the future. Don't reload anymore. Saving money is meaningless, irrelevant, virtually unlimited replenishable resource; heartbeats....NOT. At my age I've clearly become the weak link limiting factor in the consistency, precision chain. I can improve consistency by reloading, however, the small gain is irrelevant for hunting, banging steel. I teach some kids how to reload essentially to pass along the knowledge to the future keepers of the hunting/shooting brotherhood.
Thank you for passing it on to the next generation(s). At 65 I am earnestly doing the same with kids and grandkids. Very satisfying to see the multiplication. Also working with men, women, and kids at church! Passing on what I learned from Dad and others.