Old School Fun

MikeWestman

What can possibly be more satisfying than hearing the "DING" from 798 yards away while holding an 80-year-old rifle? No, I didn't ring the gong on the first shot...but I did in the first clip...twice
Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 9.27.59 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 9.29.17 AM.png
!

Fantastic! And yes that is old school and no doubt a lot more gratifying than hitting it with a scoped rifle chambered in a modern magnum of some kind. Much more impressive.

Plinking at longer targets with a basic .22 or my dad's old .30-30 is among the most fun I ever have. It's no distance at all for a modern rifle optic system with a modern cartridge, but blowing up a water jug even just at 350 yards with an iron sight .30-30 makes me feel like I'm quigley down under 🤣

18" saw blade? With my right eye, I would not have been able to see the mountain ridge. Loosing my vision has been hard, as I can no longer shoot a bow (still can use crossbow with scope) or any of my old open sight guns. I have my grandfathers old .22 and I hate that I can no longer aim it. I can still hit stuff by pointing with memory and feel, but not as satisfying as being able to truly aim it.

Enjoy that ability. Congratulations on some good shooting.