Old School Fun

MikeWestman

What can possibly be more satisfying than hearing the "DING" from 798 yards away while holding an 80-year-old rifle? No, I didn't ring the gong on the first shot...but I did in the first clip...twice
Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 9.27.59 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 9.29.17 AM.png
!

Fantastic! And yes that is old school and no doubt a lot more gratifying than hitting it with a scoped rifle chambered in a modern magnum of some kind. Much more impressive.

Plinking at longer targets with a basic .22 or my dad's old .30-30 is among the most fun I ever have. It's no distance at all for a modern rifle optic system with a modern cartridge, but blowing up a water jug even just at 350 yards with an iron sight .30-30 makes me feel like I'm quigley down under 🤣

18" saw blade? With my right eye, I would not have been able to see the mountain ridge. Loosing my vision has been hard, as I can no longer shoot a bow (still can use crossbow with scope) or any of my old open sight guns. I have my grandfathers old .22 and I hate that I can no longer aim it. I can still hit stuff by pointing with memory and feel, but not as satisfying as being able to truly aim it.

Enjoy that ability. Congratulations on some good shooting.

Recent Posts