Do you remember the first centerfire rifle you fired and do you reload for that caliber today?

The first rifle I ever fired was a 375HH. I was 10 years old. It almost took my arm and shoulder off. The bruises were massive, taking weeks to heal. But the grin on my face never wore off. My buddy's dad showed me how to fire it after a lot of instruction. I already had 3 years of proficiency on a .22, but the 375HH was my first centerfire. When I turned 24, I got one of my own. I still reload for it today and will never get rid of it. 66 years passes quickly.
We were a shotgun family so I was 22 when i bought my first center fire rifle— A Remington 700 in 25-06– A great gun and round- Still have the dies and the rock chunker but not the gun—

Yes my uncles 30-30 Winchester 94 he lent me to go deer hunting .I can load for 30-30 but I haven't used one since that first year in 1974. In those days it was the coolest rifle I could ever imagined . My imagination has expanded since then !

yep. i couldn't have been more than 10. my dad let me shoot his .308 which had a fixed 4x weaver scope on a Remington 722 (i think) with a steel butt pad. got my first scope bite with that thing and didn't like the recoil.

No i don't reload for that caliber today.

1972, Marlin 336C in .30-30. Still have it, as it was a birthday present from my Dad, took my first deer with it (and several more), and I still reload for it. I still have one of the original Federal factory ammunition boxes for it (the old Red, Black, White and a gold stripe version). Usually break if out in the spring and fall and run 20 rounds or so through it. My boys love to shoot it.

The first rifle I ever fired was a 375HH. I was 10 years old. It almost took my arm and shoulder off. The bruises were massive, taking weeks to heal. But the grin on my face never wore off. My buddy's dad showed me how to fire it after a lot of instruction. I already had 3 years of proficiency on a .22, but the 375HH was my first centerfire. When I turned 24, I got one of my own. I still reload for it today and will never get rid of it. 66 years passes quickly.
A 6mm Remington! Shot my first deer with it and still reload for it! It was actually my Moms as my Dad had bought two REM 700 ADL's with a 20" tube! I think he paid a whopping $99 a piece for them!

Greatgpa's iron-sighted 30-30 Win lever killed first deer with it 6 yro. It is still in the family passed on down to the future. Don't reload anymore. Saving money is meaningless, irrelevant, virtually unlimited replenishable resource; heartbeats....NOT. At my age I've clearly become the weak link limiting factor in the consistency, precision chain. I can improve consistency by reloading, however, the small gain is irrelevant for hunting, banging steel. I teach some kids how to reload essentially to pass along the knowledge to the future keepers of the hunting/shooting brotherhood.

My first rifle was a .22 bolt action at Boy Scout camp @ Woodland Trails in Ohio. First reload I did was for my 30-30 Winchester 94, made in 1959 (I was three years old when it was made. Now I load for all my riles. Most satisfying thing I have ever done......and you are so right about the 66 years......

Marlin 336 30-30 with a John Wayne medallion on the stock. I'd eyeballed the rifle for months at western Auto until Xmas when it was under the tree… wish I'd never sold it but at 21yo I just had to have a browning BAR in 270 win… looked for a few decades but have never seen another like it

At about 9 I was allow to shoot a 222. First centerfire rifle that I owned a 7.65 Mauser. Then on to a 300 H & H Mag. Started reloading then too.