Do you prefer a hunting rifle with a detachable mag?

Discussion in 'Polls' started by Len Backus, Jul 11, 2009.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. YES

1,043 vote(s)
    51.3%
  2. NO

990 vote(s)
    48.7%
  1. Antonio m

Antonio m Well-Known Member

I usually keep mine in a vest pocket if I feel there is a chance of losing it, always have a spare anyways.

2. BoatsForFishies

BoatsForFishies Member

Savage makes several rifles with detachable box magazines. I find it to be comfy. I have a 11/111 FCNS that I just love.

3. jreagle

jreagle Well-Known Member

hinged floor plate and follower, top loaded for field/hunting use is my preference. I can load a top feed faster than I can load a DBM.

not a fan of DBM for hunting. it has its place for high capacity which is more of a tactical application than a hunting application.

4. Bassin_Rob

Bassin_Rob Active Member

Detachable

5. Code4

Code4 Well-Known Member

Hinged floor plate. A magazine is just one more variable to lose, rattle or come loose.

6. 308stillbrass

308stillbrass SCAMMER

When I htink of range I think of static shooting with all your gear laid out nicely within reach. When Im doing that I just single load laying them on top. When Im hunting since this is a large caliber I think youre going for deer or something that you wont be blowing through shot after shot. For both of those you wont really gain anything with a dbm. If thats not the case and you range is running around and youll be pig hunting where youre trying to blast as many as possible then the dbm will be appreciated.

7. Truc

Truc Well-Known Member

I’ll have to say, I replied once saying the floor plate. But now, I prefer a mag.

8. hunterbob

hunterbob Well-Known Member

The less you have to arry an fumble with, the better off you are.. the less you have to keep checking ,, (like did i lose a clip or is my clip still in my rifle ???) My father always called them a clip , not a magazine,,,He was a BAR man in WW II , in five major battles)