Do you prefer a hunting rifle with a detachable mag?

Do you prefer a hunting rifle with a detachable mag?

• YES

Votes: 1,114 51.8%
  • NO

Votes: 1,037 48.2%

• Total voters
Although not a deal breaker for me, I would prefer my rifles with a DBM as my latest rifle purchase a Tikka T3 Light has one. But if I came across a rifle I wanted it not having a DBM would by no means stop me from buying it.

Hell, now that I thought about it, ALL of the bolt action rifles I use for hunting have DBM, even both of my 12ga slug rifles, so I guess I really DO prefer a hunting rifle with a DBM. Been hunting with a DBM now for well over 20 years, never had a single issue never even accidentally ejected one let alone come close to loosing one.

I personally see absolutely no draw backs what so ever to a rifle with a DBM, as far as loosing the mag, I don't see that as any more of a risk than loosing any other piece of equipment I take with me in the woods.

I dont think it matters to have one for hunting. I have detachable magazines because thats what i use on the range, so no point in changing anything up when hunting.

In the USA you can change rifles as often as underwear and have a truck load to choose from but here we have to be more prudent about what we buy and how long it will last so for a cetrefire I stick with a hinged floorplate . Mags are very expensive and get lost and wear out and the springs inside mags tend to loose strength easy .
Mags made to military specs last better .

In the USA you can change rifles as often as underwear and have a truck load to choose from but here we have to be more prudent about what we buy and how long it will last so for a cetrefire I stick with a hinged floorplate . Mags are very expensive and get lost and wear out and the springs inside mags tend to loose strength easy .
That makes very good sense, Bullet bumper. I have owned a number of military rifles with fixed and they never failed to work.
I also owned one and shot a lot of M1 Garands and their "clips" never failed, as well as my issued M16 magazines never failed. My present issue M2 has fired a lot with no failures to feed.

An '03A3 I hunted with always worked, and well as a Mauser 7.65 Argentine I owned. I hunted with them a lot and without any failures.

I do agree, military grade fixed type magazines do have less chance of failure. A few of my sporting rifles have had detachable magazine problems.

That makes very good sense, Bullet bumper. I have owned a number of military rifles with fixed and they never failed to work.
I also owned one and shot a lot of M1 Garands and their "clips" never failed, as well as my issued M16 magazines never failed. My present issue M2 has fired a lot with no failures to feed.

An '03A3 I hunted with always worked, and well as a Mauser 7.65 Argentine I owned. I hunted with them a lot and without any failures.

I do agree, military grade fixed type magazines do have less chance of failure. A few of my sporting rifles have had detachable magazine problems.
I have had similar experience over the years .

Detachable Mag only makes it easier to unload - you only need one round for a clean kill -- My last 20 whitetails taken have been one shot head shots - clean and easy - out to 150yrds

They also collect lint from your pocket...lol

I don't really care one way or another, have rifles both ways.