Do You Own An AR15 Rifle?

• YES

Votes: 1,851 58.7%
  • NO

Votes: 927 29.4%
  • I am planning to get one

Votes: 373 11.8%

• Total voters
Sidecar yes I did have to bribe him a little bit but I think he new I wold be back. Luckily he already had 2 himself sorry I was kind of an *** myself. Have a good day. DaveGgun)

We are trying.

I have to say, I went to a gun show this morning in Toledo, Ohio at the Lucas County Recreation Center. Got there at 8 am. Doors opened at 8:30 am. At 8, there was a line to get in about 300 feet long. Was one of those shows/swap meets where you could walk in and sell or buy from a vendor dealer.

I took one of my AK's and 2-30 round mags. I realize that an AK isn't what we consider a sporting rifle but I bought a few, sdme years back, figuring that they might be worth more. They are. I sold it in the parking lot, waiting in line for 1700 bucks, cash. No case the rifle and 2 mags. 17 one hundred dollar bills. I realized 5 times what I originally paid and I didn't ask for that much though I knew they were high, he offered and I accepted.

Inside, there were quite a few AK, all higher asking than mine and I didn't see one as nice. Mine are pristine, with J-Tack muzzle brakes and bolt buffers plus they have the bayonettes and the magazine pouches.

I saw numerous AR's of all flavors, all exceeding $2000.00. Rock Rivers, DPMS and a bunch more. Lots of ammunition (nothing I need or want), a bunch of older, well used bolt guns of no consequence and many revolvers and semi-auto pistols. Almost bought another 27 Smith 44 long barrel but the vendor and I couldn't reach an understanding on price. Of course the usually 'military tactial crap that comes to any gun show.....

Interestingly I saw no reloading tools or dies at all, which is fine actually. The 'new' buyers can go get generic loads and leave the components for us....:)

The place was packed but no what I consider long range sport hunters. Mostly people looking for rifles and guns on Feinstein's most wanted list.

There was one vendor with a 50 custom built by some company in Minnesota. It looked like a tank and was. I asked him the weight. he told me 26 pounds unloaded. I don't think so.... He probably sold it. People were laying down cash and buying guns and stuff. Amazing.

rdsii64 I am not selling mine again either. I told you guys I live in NY. a body of mine took his to the state troopers to register it they told him that the law was not all the way in effect yet and if it was it wold be at the bottom of there list of things to do making coffee was more important. They told him to take his gun and go home.

Iron Worker I also have a few cop friends say that if you think I am going go to my Dads or Brother or cousins house and take there guns I will turn in my badge first F that son of a B this is while they are all rushing to buy their own ar 15s.gun)

Last edited:
Iron Worker I know just from watching the news that there is not a single politician you can trust so I dont give up any info. Only answer the questions no extra info. and be very careful about the ones that you do anser.I used to think you could trust people. But I have learned the hard way that is not true.Get me once shame on you get me twice shame on me get me three times I am a fin. dumb assgun)

Last edited:
Just to stay on subject, I feel like today's AR 15 is almost like yesteryears 22LR. They are good entry level firearms to teach skills, respect and safety without much recoil. I learned shotguns by shooting 410 first and working up to 12 guage. (3 1/2 magnum are still eye opening) AR's in .223 can be very accurate and used to be relatively cheap to shoot for a centerfire. That being said, I do have a 6.8 SPC, 450 Bushmaster, 50 Beowulf and a Colt LE901 in .308. They won't replace my Garands, bolt guns or lever actions for their intended uses.

The AR15 refers to Colt's AR15 line of rifles. Colt purchased the Armalite Assault AR-15 and renamed it M-16. The current AR15 rifles have a rating of 30-40 rounds per min. where the M-16 is rated at 400-900 rounds per min.

I hope your magazine and all readers know that AR-15 type rifles on the market ARE NOT MILITARY ASSAULT WEAPONS. Unless they can fire at a rate of 400 to 900 rounds per min. they are not up to assault weapon ratings.

The shot placement of my Ruger SR556 at 250..600 yards makes it an excellent long range rifle.

Yes ive owned it since 2006 , as of yet ive never fired it.thought it would be interesting to build, I just have a lot of more interesting guns to shoot.

I wish I had more than one! I would like to have one in a different caliber? Maybe a 308, but the prices right now are STUPID expensive! Maybe after the Government settles down, (or gets taken down) the prices will come back down to reality? Until then, I will just keep hand loading 53, and 55 grain rounds for my Stag?gun)

I wish I had more than one! I would like to have one in a different caliber? Maybe a 308, but the prices right now are STUPID expensive! Maybe after the Government settles down, (or gets taken down) the prices will come back down to reality? Until then, I will just keep hand loading 53, and 55 grain rounds for my Stag?gun)

Agree. I would really like one in 204 Ruger (or even just an upper in 204 Ruger) and down the road one in the 243 Win. A semi-auto in 243 win would be a coyote getter. But I'm not paying the crazy prices that they're getting currently and feel confident that this will blow over. Granted the left is throwing every ounce they have into it but I don't think the majority of democrats want to be thrown out on election day and they remember 94 as well as Albert 'global fatso' Gore losing the oval office due to his stance on gun ownership.