Do You Own An AR15 Rifle?

• YES

Votes: 1,851 58.7%
  • NO

Votes: 927 29.4%
  • I am planning to get one

Votes: 373 11.8%

• Total voters
Sorry, guys, this thread has gone too far toward a 2nd amendment topic. That's fine we want them but only over in the POLITICS OF GUNS section.

Thanks, I know these are tough, crappy times for all of us who love the 2nd amendment but let's keep it in the right spot.

Thanks

Sorry, guys, this thread has gone too far toward a 2nd amendment topic. That's fine we want them but only over in the POLITICS OF GUNS section.

Thanks, I know these are tough, crappy times for all of us who love the 2nd amendment but let's keep it in the right spot.

Thanks

Sorry Len, I apologize.
MERRY CHRISTMAS

Yes BUT I have a couple of spare Colts a LE6949 and the tough to get CM901 308 that are very tempting to sell because of the ugly market out there right now. Could sell them and buy more Speedy guns lol....

Would go to the LGS this weekend but am scared of fighting the crowds lol. Crazy times!

Warning for all AR-15 shooters shooting Hornady V max bullets at rabbits . By doing so you risk deboneing de gutting and de skinning the poor animal along with a popping sound upon bullet impact.

Warning for all AR-15 shooters shooting Hornady V max bullets at rabbits . By doing so you risk deboneing de gutting and de skinning the poor animal along with a popping sound upon bullet impact.
And you can launch a prarie dog like a titan rocket if you hit em in there little paunch belly.:D

I've noticed that. I have the same exact problem wit them on prairie dogs at 300yds with the AR and 500yds with the .220swift.

Recently I had the same problem on a 400yds coyote with the 300 Rum and 180gr Sirocco... .gun)

Such problems we must contend with in the LR hunting game.

I've noticed that. I have the same exact problem wit them on prairie dogs at 300yds with the AR and 500yds with the .220swift.

Recently I had the same problem on a 400yds coyote with the 300 Rum and 180gr Sirocco... .gun)

Hey tell us more about the coyote and 300 RUM ? I use to have one of those.

MY littel 223 just kills them but 7mm. mag with just 150grains at 300 yd. turns them into fertilizer wood chucks that is the predetors dont have to chew much.

Hey tell us more about the coyote and 300 RUM ? I use to have one of those.
Not much to tell.

Crossing a wheat field to my right, started at about 300yds at a pretty good clip.

Rancher next place over is bouncing along in his truck and coyote kicks in overdrive.

Get on him, track to gague speed, lead him about 3 body lengths. By this time he's at about 400yds and I pull the trigger.

Hit right at last rib on the his left side.

When the dust clears he's looking at his *** which is about five yards from his nose and what used to be in between is scattered for about fifty yards to my NW directly in line with the flight of the bullet.

I grabbed one front leg in my left hand, one rear leg in my right and carried the 12-15lbs of what used to be a 40lbs coyote out of the field.

There wasn't anything else to pick up bigger than a quarter.

The impact looked like a hairy water balloon filled with red stuff being hit at warp nine would be about the best way to describe it. The air was suddenly filled with a puff of hair and red vapor and the two ends of the coyote separated rather violently.

Those who shoot prairie dogs with high speed rounds have seen it before.. .gun)

I determined at that point that the 300 Rum with the 180gr Sirocco II was not the ideal choice for pelt hunters shooting coyotes.. .

You don't have to. If it was purchased legally, they already know. Actually, they know more about you than you think they do. Thats how the game works. You pay your taxes and they allocate some of it for surveilance... of the citizens.

Far as an AR, I stated a long time (many posts back) that the AR platform didn't interest me, but with current events, I'd like to get a few (at a good price) for eventual resale..

I heard the price on an AK (which I consider to be an almost non weapon in terms of accuracy, is running well over a grand and AR platforms are over 2 grand. I bought a few AK's years ago (for resale) and paid a whole 200 bucks each. Maybe it's time to dump 'em....