***diy gun safe***

gderr

Hey everyone,

I recently aquired a Mosler double door safe. (Picture is attached) I was just curious since its a business safe and not a gun safe (just has a steel interior and steel shelves) if anyone has ever done a sweet homemade DIY custom gun safe. I was thinking lazy susan gun rack, custom shelves, magnetic gun racks, custom lighting etc. Its currently at the paint shop to get a custom paint job. Its about the same size as a Liberty National Security but its about 6 inches shorter and the fire rating of the Mosler blows the doors off of the liberty. Any pictures or ideas would be appreciated!!!

Attachments

• IMG_3313.jpg
    IMG_3313.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 28
WHEN I was building a new house, I speced a place off the garage for my safe with 6" walls for fire proofing and capable of being bolted to the floor and walls. It had its own wood door, so it looked like another closet.

As far as interior, I PREFER my guns standing with felt protection. You will need a dehumidifer for rust prevention.

My 2 cents worth.

Larry
Tinkerer

I understand how the safe deal works this is my third haha. I was just curious what others have done on the insides of custom safes (shelving arrangements , gun racks, etc)

Biggest concern, about interior of any safe, is the material used. Gun safe in a fire, is a crock pot. So, need to use fire resistant materials.

morning, i have a chance to buy a double door sutton safe. is it possible

for u to say the price u paid for ur safe?? the dimenisons of safe i want to

purchase. i do not know the age. the safe was used for personal items.

the safe is on rollers. please advise.

F1-D Class A fire code.

height 5' 4.5"

depth 2' 6.75"

Width 3' 3.75"

just country life member NRA-TSRAlightbulb

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.