Dismantling my Computer setup

Doggonit,
Im always the last one to find something out.
I trust that your health is ok, and your just goin on vacation Roy. Ive been looking forward to reading some posts on the IWK's.
Well I hope your ''extended vacation'' doesnt mean the ATF is after you cause mamma turnned you in for forming brass out the window again, or that your in the whitness relocation program as noted by some others....... as odd as it sounds outloud, I could belive either one without a whole lot of persuasion:D
Anyhow youll be sorely missed. L/R/H, as awesome as it is, sure isnt gonna be the same without you. I guess I should be happy for the break, because my cheek muscles have been cramped in a perma-grin for some time now, but I think Id rather have cramped cheeks then see you go for that long.
Well I hope you have fun wherever your going.
You'll be sorely missed, and your return will be eagerly anticipated by all of us here. Good luck, and smooth sailing......................

Len, et al. (For ya'll from MT et. al. is my spelling of Latin for "and the rest of you good folks".)

Its no real biggie. As LRSickle figured its a long term volunteer service thing. It sticks me in downtown Salt Lake City. (Hot, stuffy, a range finder couldn't range more than 100 yards:rolleyes:) Am meeting tons of people from all over the world. Pretty nifty. (none of which are shooters, so far)

I'm still active here though, though toned down quite a bit. When the AM gets delivered I'll get it down to Perry UT. Maybe LRSickle can help break it in and do the drop chart thing. Whatcha say LR?

So far the wildlife here is way more than expected. Family of raccoons the other evening crossing a 4 lane street, in traffic. Mamma coon sure knew how to get'er done. Next was a large group of California quail. Not as nifty as the Gambles quail at home. May have to sneak in some trapping this winter. Wonder what downtown coon tastes like?:rolleyes:

winmag. As far as the IWKs go the first full production bullets went into 0.625" ctc @ 100 w/an MV of 3400 FPS. Two were touching. These two were very carefully made. The third one was 'just' made.

The tools that Kevin Cram made are spot on good! Easy to hold +/- 0.0005" on length.

The only remaining challenge is that Nosler uses a number of presses, as many as 28, to make their bullets. Out of two presses, so far, it looks like each press while consistent on outside dimensions and weights, differ in internals. Have a little more work to do to determine if another step in the process is necessary or if a common point shank design will be sufficient. There just ain't no free lunches!!:rolleyes:

The slow part is that I can only shoot maybe once a month instead of anytime I want to.:rolleyes:

Keep 'er going fellas. I look forward to hearing some great hunting stories.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.