ballistic computer programs

hermit

after seeing computers used with a ballistic program on to help with long range shots it has got my interest to find out more about this so ,can anyone point me in the right direction as to where i can find out about any or what is the best program to use and is there one better portable computer that you think is better than another
thanks
Ian

Please read the links Dick posted, but I use Exbal both on my home computer and on a Dell Pocket PC (Axim).

Like Ernie I also have Exbal on my desktop computer and also on a Palm for use in the field. I've had them for a long time and they are great and I highly recommend them.

I recently purchased Loadbase from Patagonia and the more I use it the more I like it. When you buy Loadbase you get the desktop version as well as the PPC version. If I decide to use the field version I will have to buy a PPC but used units aren't that expensive.

I'm in the same boat, I have Nightforce and LoadBase but only use the NF in the field because I don't have a PPC as of yet.

The same as ss7mm, I have both, Exbal and LoadBase 2.0. I truly like both of them but if I could only have one it would be LoadBase; it's just a logical decision inspired by common sense once you have been playing with LoadBase 2.0. :)

I also have loadbase, but I have not taken the time to get acqainted with it, to give it a fair shot. This thread has encouraged me to do so.
that being said, Exbal has always been spot on for me.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.