Did anybody catch this on Fox ?

I`m all for sticking up for one`s beliefs, as long as they don`t involve deliberate harm, either physical or psychological, to others. Having said that, I think it goes without saying that strapping a dead cougar, and pretty much anything else for that matter, onto a 100 K (? ) sports car is going to get PLENTY of attention. If that was his goal, I`m sure he succeeded in spades!!
It is a fact, whether we wish to admit it or not, that many in the Gen Z, X, whatever letter you wish to apply, are not just anti-shooting and anti- guns, but anti-hunting as well. THEY CAN ALSO VOTE and will be future politicians and legislators. It`s just my opinion, but I think going out of one`s way ( having a hard time believing that the guy wasn`t showing out, but that`s just me) like that needlessly serves to reinforce anti-hunting sentiments, sentiments that none of us needs to knowingly propagate. The very last five words in your post may well have been close to the mark.
Yes, the anti's vote. But the anti is going to vote anti whether or not you, I or the next guy or gal hides our sport from him. Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

D. oosh.

Best way I can describe that guy.
I'd like to retract the above statement.

After some consideration, I realize that there are facts that I'm likely unaware of pertaining to this story. This guy is a disabled American veteran who owns and operates a successful business (apparently very successful).
I suspect this may be more than a
"look at me" situation. It's Very likely that the media attention MAY be used to promote something else, possibly a noble cause.

Yes, the anti's vote. But the anti is going to vote anti whether or not you, I or the next guy or gal hides our sport from him. Just my opinion, I could be wrong.
You could absolutely very well be correct, my friend. I just question the advisability or gain of going to extremes of making something of a spectacle of our sport. I`m sure many on the forum disagree with my position and I can respect that.

I'd like to retract the above statement.

After some consideration, I realize that there are facts that I'm likely unaware of pertaining to this story. This guy is a disabled American veteran who owns and operates a successful business (apparently very successful).
I suspect this may be more than a
"look at me" situation. It's Very likely that the media attention MAY be used to promote something else, possibly a noble cause.
I truly hope your correct, and that the optics are not as bad as I think they are.

The solution isn't to worry about how this guy hauled his cougar home. The solution is to take someone hunting that wouldn't otherwise go hunting. Even if they don't decide to pursue the sport I find most come to appreciate the sport. My daughters have both hunted, taken and field dressed a deer. They appreciate the sport and where the burger in the freezer comes from. The same applies to taking someone to the rifle range. Guns aren't nearly as scary once you have actually spent a day at the range. New program, adopt a cynic!

Exotic car rental seems to be more of a big city thing and a rental company probably wouldn't like the mountain lion on the back or the dogs in the passenger seat...

I'm pretty sure it's not a rental.