Dear Nosler and Berger,

I just ordered 1K of the 6.5mm 130 OTMs. I already had about 800 on hand. But, I shoot at least 50-60 a month and shoot them in 3 different rifles. Does that make me a hoarder?

I also TRY and buy enough bullets for a new rifle to last me about the life of the barrel. Does that make me a hoarder? (you might say yes if you saw my on-hand stock of components)
Nope, not at all!

Long story short, IMO Feenix is spot on regarding being prepared. For any of them components and or 22 lr ammo or 223, 9 etc.

Once one has been thru a few of these times one gets a good idea what they truly need to have on their personal shelves instead of on the shelves for others to have a chance to enjoy.

Just one man's thoughts

Long story short, IMO Feenix is spot on regarding being prepared. For any of them components and or 22 lr ammo or 223, 9 etc.

Once one has been thru a few of these times one gets a good idea what they truly need to have on their personal shelves instead of on the shelves for others to have a chance to enjoy.

Just one man's thoughts
I look at it as a precious metal investment.

Some people blame the hoarders. Frankly, I have yet to find/meet one. One of the posters here shoots 3-5K rounds a year. Does that make him a hoarder because he can support his hobby? Nope, I do not think so. Be prepared!
I hate the whole hoarder none sense, if a guy is prepared so he can get through blue times he is a hoarder? I am glad you see it the same way, if a guy is using it and he was prepared good on him.
I have given away 6k primers to ppl who weren't ready in the last six months. I let them have them and told them to stock up next go around so they didn't get themselves in trouble again. Hopefully they will become "hoarders" and be prepped up for next time it's messy.

I just ordered 1K of the 6.5mm 130 OTMs. I already had about 800 on hand. But, I shoot at least 50-60 a month and shoot them in 3 different rifles. Does that make me a hoarder?

I also TRY and buy enough bullets for a new rifle to last me about the life of the barrel. Does that make me a hoarder? (you might say yes if you saw my on-hand stock of components)
HOARDER!!!!! I'll help ease your guilt by dispersing a third of your stash to a deserving family that is bullet poor. I'll PM you the address.

Agreed! As you eloquently noted, many people do not seem to understand why they are not on the shelves. Bullet makers that have them readily are not in the same manufacturing capacity and demand. A couple of weeks someone asked about the availability of the 215, and below is what I got from Berger,

View attachment 389077
My question is to whom they are selling out to? I assumed that being a custom bullet and costly compared to many other bullets that the biggest market was the reloader crowd and even otherwise loaded ammo with Berger bullets is expensive beyond say Hornady which is good stuff too but cheaper.
There are too many "Don't add ups in my mind". Something more believable would convince me of why the shortages we see today.

Berger sells to target shooters, competitive shooters, hunters and Mil/LE. Same as Nosler. Guess who shoots the most? All of the above. Bullet ammo manufacturers are having the same issues as other manufacturer. Getting materials and workers to make the products.

I just was on shooter's Proshop to look at bullets and such. There's stuff on there.

No doesn't make you a hoarder , everyone buys what they want , I don't see anyone on here , that is going to write the definition of hoarding components , and if they do , are you and I going to listen to them ?
Fat chance .

Last edited:
No doesn't make you a hoarder , everyone buys what the want , I don't see anyone on here , that is going to write the definition of hoarding components , and if the do , are you and I going to listen to them ?
Fat chance .
I'm sharpening my pencil ;)

Another reason to give Hammers a try. Order them up and your in business in a few days. No frantically searching or waiting for your bullets to be available. I shoot cup and core as well as the Hammers. I make sure I've got a Hammer load for all of my rifles.
Ordered 100 196HH Thursday evening and received them today. No need to hoard with that kind of service.

There's really no time frame involved in the definition of hoarding. If you use, or intend to use, what you buy, I'd say no, it's not hoarding. But if your purchase is just so you can set it on a shelf and look at it, or if you're intent is to hold on to it in hopes of beating inflation by someday selling it, then that's speculation which is a form of hoarding.