• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Custom Wichester Model 70 7 mm Mag

I can appreciate criticism but not assholes, like I said the rifle is all stock minus the scope (Leupold Vari X 2 4x12) a reverse crown and the barrel has been shortened by 3 in, I've been trying to upload pics of it but I'm doing it from my phone, I work nights 7pm-7am so I sleep all day on my work weeks. I'm new to the site, but not to selling firearms, I never put serial numbers online unless its from my personal email not in a forum.

I'll make you an offer. Email pics to me and I will post them for you: [email protected]

I'd be very interested in knowing what person thought it would be advantageous to shorten a 22" barrel on a 7mag to 19"

I can appreciate criticism but not assholes, like I said the rifle is all stock minus the scope (Leupold Vari X 2 4x12) a reverse crown and the barrel has been shortened by 3 in, I've been trying to upload pics of it but I'm doing it from my phone, I work nights 7pm-7am so I sleep all day on my work weeks. I'm new to the site, but not to selling firearms, I never put serial numbers online unless its from my personal email not in a forum.

So it's a bone stock M70, with the exception of the butched barrel, and a new scope...and the listing calls it "Custom"

I guess where you're from, the word "custom" has similar definitions as "bullets".
Here in the real world...we just tell the truth.

So it's a bone stock M70, with the exception of the butched barrel, and a new scope...and the listing calls it "Custom"

I guess where you're from, the word "custom" has similar definitions as "bullets".
Here in the real world...we just tell the truth.
I had to poke him with a stick to get it out but yep .....its a stocker that had a bent tube most likely

I had to poke him with a stick to get it out but yep .....its a stocker that had a bent tube most likely

There is nor has ever been anything wrong with the barrel on this rifle. To insult a weapon without laying eyes on at least a picture is childish at best.

I'm not going to be an a$$hole but just because some of us have weird screen names, like mine, Backwoods, but that doesn't mean we are. Where we come from what we load is ammo or simply rounds if you will. Also they are trying to say having a 7mm mag with a 19" barrel is like ice skating up hill, pointless. A 7-08 will not reach its full potential in a 19" barrel. It may be accurate as hell but if you you shoot 110grn v maxs over a case full of H414 you have a glorified varmint rig that's worth about half what you're asking. I'm not being rude, but you will never sell it without pics and a drastic price drop.

I'm just pointing out a few things that make this listing pretty tough to swallow.

It has a third more muzzle velocity at 19 in rather than 22 in
1: Um, No. All else being equal, a 3" barrel length change is not going to result in a ratio of 1/3 or 2/3 difference. As stated, that's like suggesting you gain 1000fps by cutting off 3". Also...you're not going to LOSE 1000 fps by cutting off 3" either....so you're simply pulling numbers out of your confetti shooter.

Not quite that much, maybe a lil less than a third, but a lot goes into play besides the barrel length, the rifeling ratio, and type of bullet and grain has a lot to do with it. I load my owtn bullets, with different consistencys, types, and amount of grain
2:What? We all know bullet weights attribute to muzzle velocity. Surely you're not trying to compare a 180gr bullet from a 22" barrel....to a 110gr bullet from a 19" barrel. Yeah, I'm betting you can get some pretty awesome velocity increases that way...but it doesn't make it better.

Where I come from everyone knows that when your talking about bullets that includes the casing primer powder and projectile, so try to find another way to be a smart *** or at least know wat your talking about.
3: Accusing people that know what they're talking about....of NOT knowing what they are talking about...immediately after proving that you don't know what YOU'RE talking about.

I can appreciate criticism but not assholes, like I said the rifle is all stock minus the scope (Leupold Vari X 2 4x12) a reverse crown and the barrel has been shortened by 3 in...
4: The listing specifically states "Custom Wichester Model 70 7 mm Mag"
I wouldn't even let someone get away with calling a stock upgrade "Custom" and the only thing this gem has going for it is a barrel that's been chopped off.
Cut 3" off Ron Jeremy and I bet he doesn't go around calling himself "Custom Jeremy"...That's essentially what you've done to the 7mm Rem Mag. Handicapped it.

There is nor has ever been anything wrong with the barrel on this rifle. To insult a weapon without laying eyes on at least a picture is childish at best.
5: I don't think he was insulting the weapon, per say... I think he was actually insulting you, on a personal level.
The rifle is innocent. The rifle goes to sleep in the gun safe every night, crying because it's best years are behind him, now that he looks like a 12 year old boy, instead of the man he once was.

Custom means many things to many people !!!

In this case custom is used as an adjective defined as "made to the specifications of an individual customer." By definition this is a custom rifle as Devildog6133 has modified the rifle to his individual specifications. Nay sayers will probably continue to wine and complain as already expressed but you can not dispute the definition of a custom rifle as the rifle has been made-up / modified to this persons specifications. Changing a stock, trigger, or blueprinting an action to a full out custom built rifle would fit this custom definition as these are things which are "made to specifications of an individual customer."

I'm just pointing out a few things that make this listing pretty tough to swallow.

1: Um, No. All else being equal, a 3" barrel length change is not going to result in a ratio of 1/3 or 2/3 difference. As stated, that's like suggesting you gain 1000fps by cutting off 3". Also...you're not going to LOSE 1000 fps by cutting off 3" either....so you're simply pulling numbers out of your confetti shooter.

2:What? We all know bullet weights attribute to muzzle velocity. Surely you're not trying to compare a 180gr bullet from a 22" barrel....to a 110gr bullet from a 19" barrel. Yeah, I'm betting you can get some pretty awesome velocity increases that way...but it doesn't make it better.

3: Accusing people that know what they're talking about....of NOT knowing what they are talking about...immediately after proving that you don't know what YOU'RE talking about.

4: The listing specifically states "Custom Wichester Model 70 7 mm Mag"
I wouldn't even let someone get away with calling a stock upgrade "Custom" and the only thing this gem has going for it is a barrel that's been chopped off.
Cut 3" off Ron Jeremy and I bet he doesn't go around calling himself "Custom Jeremy"...That's essentially what you've done to the 7mm Rem Mag. Handicapped it.

5: I don't think he was insulting the weapon, per say... I think he was actually insulting you, on a personal level.
The rifle is innocent. The rifle goes to sleep in the gun safe every night, crying because it's best years are behind him, now that he looks like a 12 year old boy, instead of the man he once was.
ShoNuff......C, Thanks for saving me all that typing......Well said

I'm not going to be an a$$hole but just because some of us have weird screen names, like mine, Backwoods, but that doesn't mean we are. Where we come from what we load is ammo or simply rounds if you will. Also they are trying to say having a 7mm mag with a 19" barrel is like ice skating up hill, pointless. A 7-08 will not reach its full potential in a 19" barrel. It may be accurate as hell but if you you shoot 110grn v maxs over a case full of H414 you have a glorified varmint rig that's worth about half what you're asking. I'm not being rude, but you will never sell it without pics and a drastic price drop.
And I'll Second That

I presume you have by now found out that people on this forum tend to be experts in what a rifle will and won't do and are not shy about letting others know when they hear something they know is wrong.

The last plastic stocked Model 70 in 7 MM Rem mag I handled was bought for $350, and it was in pristine condition.

What you are selling is something nice that I would like to have and use upon which to build a rifle. I might buy it and make a custom for a friend of mine, if and only if, the price was right. For a blued steel, plastic stocked, push-feed, Model 70 donor rifle in 7 MM Rem that's otherwise in good condition I would pay you $110. Let me know if you want to sell.

To get more than I'm offering I believe you will need to sell to someone that doesn't know what he's buying, has more money than knowledge of firearms, and whom you don't mind turning into a fool.