Custom sizing die? Used wrong spec reamer.

Dave in WI

Long story short...it's my fault because I didn't measure reamer before chambering. Rented a reamer for 308x1.5" for a project. Reamer renter showed a print on their sight that also matches customer's sizing die. Reamer does not match the print they show on their sight. Appears to match print from customers book Wildcat Cartridges of the World (I think that is the book).
This is print from renters page with actual reamer dimensions noted on it:
414284192.jpg

This is the print that I believe matches the actual reamer:
414284193.jpg

So.....the easiest thing to do now would be to make a sizing die to match the second print? Die manufacturer recommendations? CH4D was my first call as that is the brand the customer has. They can do it but are backed up forever...
Of course the customer's brass does not chamber fully as shoulder diameter is to large.
P.S. Posted this in reloading forum as it pertains more to having a die made than gunsmithing.

Spoke with Redding this afternoon and although they wouldn't give me dimensions of there dies, they confirmed that their die sizes to the second print. Now to find one in stock.

Normally the best thing to do for this problem is to size the case slightly smaller the first time and load and fire form some cases and let the die maker have two or three fire formed cases to machine the dies to fit your chamber. I have shortened a cheep standard die to do an initial sizing as long as it is a parent case in dimension except the length or shoulder angle.

Even though you have the correct drawing, custom dies may not fit perfectly without a few fire formed cases to measure and compare with the sized cases of the new dies.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.