Custom sizing dies

if you own a custom chamber reamer just buy a die blank and let your smith go to town, Whidden sells replacement plunger kit or let your smith make his own and you have a hydraulic form die likely faster and cheaper than a one off made on a cnc lathe.

Whidden makes quality dies, I have several sets including forming dies, but the wait times can be long and expensive
If using a chamber reamer, how would you bump shoulders and size the body slightly under chamber dimensions to ensure proper feeding and extraction?

if you own a custom chamber reamer just buy a die blank and let your smith go to town, Whidden sells replacement plunger kit or let your smith make his own and you have a hydraulic form die likely faster and cheaper than a one off made on a cnc lathe.

Whidden makes quality dies, I have several sets including forming dies, but the wait times can be long and expensive
Copy that thanks.

CH4D does custom dies but their lead time was crazy long last time I got a hold of someone. If you have more money than time, ordering a sizing reamer and die plank and getting a smith to do it might be the fastest way.

Here's another vote for Whidden. They made a set off of a reamer diagram. I also got a hydraulic forming die made off the same diagram. It is a great set. The dies paired with barrels made with my reamer has proven to be consistently my most accurate combination. Mine was 6.5 Addiction.

Whidden or CH4D but like mentioned wait times... I think anyone doing custom dies will be a substantial wait.

Maybe whidden's fine off a reamer print, I sent fired brass to them and both times the die was too small and cracked on a lapua 338 case. Their base dies are small, probably fine for soft smaller brass.

Hey, Last year I had Whidden make me a hydro forming die for a 40 degree 22-250 AI. It was delivered sooner than they stated and it works great. I've used it on older Rem brass and Lapua brass. I sent them three fired cases. My one and only experience with them so far.
Take Care