Used the wrong COAL

gonewest

I was reloading all day today for the up coming season. I was loading for my 257 weatherby mag. I wanted to load up a couple boxes using different powder and bullets. I loaded up half a box with 70 grs of 7828 and the other half 71grains. I used a 110 accubond. I didn't realise it till I was putting labels on when I discovered I used 3.17 as my COAL and I wanted 3.25 COAl. I really don't want to pull them because I am curiuos how they will shoot but am I in a danger area with seating that deep with pressure?

Your reloads will actually produce a bit lower peak pressure by giving the bullets a bit more running start before hitting the lands. Large capacity rifle cartridges DO NOT respond to seating depth changes the same as small, high intensity handgun rounds that use much faster burning powder.

There is no "wrong" OAL, if you properly develop your rifle loads at any seating you wish all will be well. And seating a bit deeper in rifles NEVER raises pressure like seating further out will do.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.