Custom rings; I need some 36MM- who makes them?

Marine sniper

I bought a new Ziess V8 scope; it comes with 36MM rings from Talley. I am not a fan of the vertical mounts rings and would like some low horizontal tactical style rings made for it.

Any recommendations ?

Thanks,
John

I'm looking at buying a V8 too. What's been holding me back has been having to use the Talley vertical mounts. Only other 36mm mounts I have been able to find are the Spuhr Unimount and ERA-TAC Adjustable Inclination mount. Both are one piece mounts and well north of $400. Found both on EuroOptics web site.

How do you like the V8?

I'm looking at buying a V8 too. What's been holding me back has been having to use the Talley vertical mounts. Only other 36mm mounts I have been able to find are the Spuhr Unimount and ERA-TAC Adjustable Inclination mount. Both are one piece mounts and well north of $400. Found both on EuroOptics web site.

How do you like the V8?

Without being able to mount it and shoot it- it is hard to give a very informative opinion on it. So far it looks pretty awesome. The very small illuminated dot is PERFECT. It has a very high end feel to it. When you have it in your hands you know you are holding a very fine piece of equipment.

Talley told me they are going to eventually (6-8 weeks) make some horizontal tactical mounts, but they will be taller than I like. I like my scopes to be mounted as close to the rifle as possible. The Talley's they send with it are ugly (imo) too tall and have a little bit of a Rube Goldberg way about them. I don't like them at all.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.