Custom rifle cost going to the moon , when does it end ?

There are so many reasons why people complain about prices from businesses that provide skilled services along with parts. First one and the primary one is some people are just fundamentally cheap. They can be rich or poor, but ultimately they hate to give anyone any of their money for anything. These people can never be satisfied, and they will do everything they can to pay as little as possible for everything they buy because that's all they care about. On the other side, you have people who are very generous that tip everyone they buy from, who appreciate quality over price, and truly appreciate the skilled craftsmanship/excellent service that went into whatever item and/or service they purchased. First of all, I would advise anyone in business to pursue and build your customer base with people like this, then pour your heart and soul into making them happy, and then charge what you need to make enough profit after expenses to make a good living. Don't let cheap and ignorant people beat you down on prices because they will never be satisfied, and you will work yourself to death, go broke, and go out of business. And for all those who want to cheat you out of the profit you make building custom rifles by providing their own parts, just charge more on the labor so you make the same either way because you need a minimum amount of profit dollars per hour to stay in business. It doesn't matter whether you get it on parts and labor or just labor. Good customers understand this and want you to make a decent living and want you to stay in business.

Well it seems as if you guys don't have a clue. I see way better profits on parts than that. I work more efficiently. And since you guys have taken the fact that I'm clueless I will fill you in. I already told you I own another business that I've had for 25 yrs. A very big retail store in a plaza. But I don't know business. 30yrs ago I drove pizza and rented an apartment while I went to gunsmith school. Now at 53 I'm retired 100%. My wife is going to retire at 50. I own 3 houses worth a total of 800000 dollars. Paid for. 60 acres of land. Paid for. 750hp 2011 Camaro. Paid for. 30000 dollar 2018 Sea Ark jet boat. Paid for. Sold my 21ft Ranger Z21 BassBoat. So that was a wash because it was paid for. Kubota backhoe. Paid for. 5 kayaks on trailer and camper trailer. Paid for. At least 50 rifles and 6 bows. Paid for. And the stupid list goes on. Raised 3 kids and put them through college. Our retail store has been closed for 7 weeks due to our state closing all non essential businesses. We have paid every bill to date. Because we know how to run a business we had emergency money set aside. I think you get the point that I have been very successful in my businesses. Oh I forgot my 5 motorcycles and 73 jeep with 9000 miles on it. No I don't have a freaking clue. Don't believe any of what I say come visit. I'm not hard to find. So for you guys that don't know anything about me at all talking about me not having a clue your just plain dumb. It's just plain dumb to talk about someone you don't know and claim they don't know how things work. You don't know anything about me yet you try to put me down. Go frack yourself. Look back through my 9 yrs on this site And you won't find one time I bad-mouthed anyone's business. Go ponder why you don't make money. Not on how I can't.
I'm gonna go cut grass now on my 12000 mower. Not paid for. Yet.
Shep

Nice job! Got to love those zero percent finance offers on the Lawn mowers and tractors going on. Got 3 years left on my mortgage, 56 years young and will semi retire at 60.

Fisherman thats why after a few yrs I stopped all gun repair in my shop. No money in it at all. People will pay a mechanic 90 dollars an hour shop rate to wrench on their car but want to pay the person working on their guns 5 dollars an hour.
Shep

Last edited:
You have been nothing but a braggart since you started posting on this forum. I've listened to all the bragging I am going to! I occasionally get to listen to one in the shop. Lots of brag, no fact. You may impress the barrel nut boys, but not those who actually do the work. You have officially hit the "ignore" list.

Last edited:
My post wasn't meant as a brag. Just showing that I don't know squat about business. I'm clueless. We I'm getting attacked by people who know nothing about me because they think I charge to little for my work. I just shared facts to help back up the notion I'm clueless.
So easy for you to come on here and bash someone you don't know. Shows what kind of person you are in real life. I'm a very complimentary person on this site. Look at my reaction score on likes. Then look at yours. Just a fact.
Shep

I don't know how Tikka gets there bolts so freaking smooth right out of the box. And every one I've loaded for shot great.
Shep

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.