Custom Rifle Builder Question

Ok so let's throw price out the window for starters if you could only have One and only One custom rifle builder to build you a custom hunting rifle who would it be ?

Thanks,
Danny
Probably Hill Country Rifles here in Texas. They are as good as anyone out there and better than most and there's always something to be said for keeping your money close to home.

Clayton @ West Texas Ordnance (3 builds + alot of other work, excellent) or Charlie Robertson @ ScoreHigh Gunsmithing in Albuquerque (2 builds, super accuracy). Reasonable time frame and good communication.

Clayton @ West Texas Ordnance (3 builds + alot of other work, excellent) or Charlie Robertson @ ScoreHigh Gunsmithing in Albuquerque (2 builds, super accuracy). Reasonable time frame and good communication.
Score High builds excellent rifles. A friend of mine in ABQ does custom wood stocks and occasionaly does them for SH.

Where is WTO located? That sounds awfully familiar.

Let's throw another great TX company into the Mix, Joel Russo who posts here. They build them from the ground up using their custom action if you want.

One and only that would be a big long range rig. Kirby Allen's .375 Am. It took a while but he was in constant communication with me and the rifle is amazing.
I also really love my pierce engineering lightweight 6.5. Those guys bent over backwards for me and finished the barrels action in about two weeks and had to wait on my stock total time was 3 months. They even made some custom parts out of Ti for me.
Out of the many I have had build these two stand head and shoulders above all the others. I won't name bad ones.

Had my 6.5 Sherman built by Jim Borden. My 6.5x47 by RBros. Both were very professional and builds finished on time. Actually the RBros was almost two months ahead of schedule. But with the weak Canadian dollar my last guns were built by a local smith, and he also does great work at very reasonable prices.

Straight Jacket Armory http://www.straightjacketarmory.com great people to deal with. Excellent communication and quick turn around on my 338 Sherman Shortmag :)

I'd have to second Straightjacket Armory. They built me an one holer in 6.5 CM on a stiller tac 30 AW with a proof research cf barrel. I had the manners mcst in hand already and shipped it to them. Total build took 6 weeks and I couldent be happier.

Attachments

• 90ACBE84-AA83-47C3-9395-C7C1918F3BC3.jpeg
    90ACBE84-AA83-47C3-9395-C7C1918F3BC3.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 147
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.