Custom Muzzle Brakes vs Store Bought

It seems like every gunsmith makes their own custom muzzle brakes, is it better to go with a gun smiths brake or to buy my own?

Well if the barrel is threaded already then your on your own to screw it on , But if you have a smith make one and install it then he would stand behind any problems or questions you might have and it would be properly installed and or timed [ side discharge type ] I use Ross Schulers brake 208-587-8993 usually about $45 then have my local smith thread the barrel and time it. Here's a before and after pic. for example , my smith fades it right in and it unscrews off the barrel. This is a 4 port on my 7mag.

Attachments

• AAAA.jpg
    AAAA.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 121
  • IMAG0566.jpg
    IMAG0566.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 124
It seems like every gunsmith makes their own custom muzzle brakes, is it better to go with a gun smiths brake or to buy my own?
Just pick up one of the Northwest Precision or Snowy Mountain Rifles brakes and have your smith fit it.

You'll never regret it. There are other brakes on the market that are good, but I guarantee you that you'll be happy with these both when you write the check and when you pull the trigger.

Well if the barrel is threaded already then your on your own to screw it on , But if you have a smith make one and install it then he would stand behind any problems or questions you might have and it would be properly installed and or timed [ side discharge type ] I use Ross Schulers brake 208-587-8993 usually about $45 then have my local smith thread the barrel and time it. Here's a before and after pic. for example , my smith fades it right in and it unscrews off the barrel. This is a 4 port on my 7mag.
Ross is a great guy and a great guy to do business with. He treats everyone like they are both a friend and his best customer.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.