Custom action that headspace matches rem 700

I would take it to a machine shop or a good smith and pay them $50 to measure the tenon and pitch dia. You need to know what you have vs what you're supposed to have.

I would be more concerned with fitment than headspace issues.
I machine all of my actions to match my pre-set parameters for lug abutments, thread size and headspace so that many barrels cut the same will fit, including pinned 1/4" or .300" thick recoil lugs.
Without knowing all this, timing will not be the same, therefore headspace will not match either.
Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Is there anything wrong with how it is now? Was the CA action trued when re-barreled?

It was not trued. It's probably not that big of a deal to get it to fit a defiance. They are the same thread, just doesn't screw down far enough to headspace correctly. So I am sure it's not that big of a deal to put in on a lathe and redue it.

It was not trued. It's probably not that big of a deal to get it to fit a defiance. They are the same thread, just doesn't screw down far enough to headspace correctly. So I am sure it's not that big of a deal to put in on a lathe and redue it.
My apologies, but I am unclear about your statement. Was there anything wrong with the re-barreling job on your CA action?