Rem 700 Action source?

The last one I bought was from Buds Gun Shop. I know they had some Long Actions for less then 500 in stock.
As long as I can get my hands on a Remington 700 action you will never see me buy a custom action. Maybe I'm a odd ball, but I work to hard to blow it on unnecessary things.
I work too hard to spend money on something that's not up to snuff and have to pay someone else to true it up. My last Big Green rifle didn't even chamber out of the box. Why play the New York Lottery when I can ultimately spend a little more up front yet less in the long run for a better product? Their trigger is a joke, their bolts are sloppy, their tolerances are terrible, their QC is barely extant.

Remington is riding coat tails, they're nothing but a Polaroid now. A brand name attached to an industry-standard set of dimensions where the progenitor has declined into senility.

I work too hard to spend money on something that's not up to snuff and have to pay someone else to true it up. My last Big Green rifle didn't even chamber out of the box. Why play the New York Lottery when I can ultimately spend a little more up front yet less in the long run for a better product? Their trigger is a joke, their bolts are sloppy, their tolerances are terrible, their QC is barely extant.

Remington is riding coat tails, they're nothing but a Polaroid now. A brand name attached to an industry-standard set of dimensions where the progenitor has declined into senility.
That's your opinion, and I can respect that. I happened to see things totally different. There's a reason why pretty much every custom action is based off a Remington 700. Not to mention how many rifle companies base there action off a Remington 700. I have Remington 700 rifles In my safe that shoot sub moa, and a few rifles built on a Remington 700 actions that do the same. I hear Remington has problems, but until I experience those problems myself I will continue using them.

I guess I am either extremely lucky or others are unlucky. I have had 6 Remington 700 rifles and they all shoot very well. Even the "dreaded" RR prefix actions are very accurate. Primary extraction aside, which I'll admit it is a real "defect" but not an "issue". At least not in my experience. I also don't true them up. If it shoots why bother? Just so you know that it's square and straight? I have customs as well. Are they nicer? Well yeah but nice isn't necessary to be a shooter. I have no problem buying a 700 to build and shoot but I can agree that if you are going to start throwing money at it to customize then I would just start with a custom. Unless you just like the simple clean classic look of the 700, which I do, so I wouldn't mind putting a little money into one.