Crowd source shopping. Savage Action 300WM...

I just bought a Bell and Carlson sporter stock for my Savage LRH In 6.5-284. It fit perfect...

What model did you get, and what did it run you? On their website, I only see blind magazine and detachable magazine versions for long action Savages. This is the same with a bunch of places I've looked. Am I missing something? Will the bottom "flapper dump" magazine work with the detachable magazine stocks?

B6650338-C043-49A5-85E4-25D7557A8B12.jpeg 4D1C421C-09A3-433F-B320-180024566678.jpeg
What model did you get, and what did it run you? On their website, I only see blind magazine and detachable magazine versions for long action Savages. This is the same with a bunch of places I've looked. Am I missing something? Will the bottom "flapper dump" magazine work with the detachable magazine stocks?
I think it's model # 1017 with bottom bolt release. Stock shipped the next day. Crazy after waiting for 6 months on my last manners. Turns out it's the same inlet for the DBM as for the hinged floor plate. The action screw spacing of 5.05" (I think) is the only thing they needed to confirm. I think with tax it was right around $286B6650338-C043-49A5-85E4-25D7557A8B12.jpeg4D1C421C-09A3-433F-B320-180024566678.jpeg4766C93E-360D-4F0C-ABC9-B73AC05B2977.jpeg

two things.

check for a carbon ring in the throat. Clean with ISSO and brush and lot of scrubbing.

also check for firecracking in the throat.

Get a cheap borescope to check if nothing else. Might find the bore is still good, but based on number of rounds plan on a savage prefit.

I just bought a Bell and Carlson sporter stock for my Savage LRH In 6.5-284. It fit perfect. I found a new smith that specializes in Savage rifles. I'm gonna have him true up the action and bed the new stock for the hell of it. It has shot at least 3/4 MOA with the accustock with just about anything I have run through it. I just don't like bulky plastic stocks. I have manners and Mcmillian on other rifles, and while not in the same league the BC seems to be very nice for the price. We will see how it goes after I get it back from the smith. Impressed with the fit and finish with the B and C tho.
I just bought a Bell and Carlson sporter stock for my Savage LRH In 6.5-284. It fit perfect. I found a new smith that specializes in Savage rifles. I'm gonna have him true up the action and bed the new stock for the hell of it. It has shot at least 3/4 MOA with the accustock with just about anything I have run through it. I just don't like bulky plastic stocks. I have manners and Mcmillian on other rifles, and while not in the same league the BC seems to be very nice for the price. We will see how it goes after I get it back from the smith. Impressed with the fit and finish with the B and C tho.
Who is the smith that specializes in Savages? I might send him some business.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.