Experience with Savage LRH 300WM???

ShootnMathews

I know this has been asked before here and yes I have used the search tool, but most of the threads I found were old. Things change as upgrades are made, so I'm looking for recent experience with the Savage Long Range Hunter 300WM. I would like to have a 300 capable of 1/2 moa to 1000 yards but I can't afford a high dollar custom. I would like to know if anyone is getting this kind of accuracy out of this rifle.

I have a LRH in 6.5-284 and am very pleased with it. It shoots 1/2 moa or less to at least 600 yards. (Lost my 1000 yard range before finalizing the load so it's never been shot past 600 with the final load).

To you 300WM experts, is there a more accurate factory 300 WM with a brake (or at least threaded) that I can get for under $1500. My max budget is about $2000 and the scope I have picked is about $600. Vortex HS-T.

Thanks for the help

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.