Current sell price on pre-ban colt ar15

cohunt

Anyone know what the current going sell price is for a "blue label" pre-ban colt competition hbar sporter ar15 is??

Serial number starts with CH and number is verified as pre-ban pre 1994 rifle.

All original, very light wear and use-- original box and manual as well.

Idk around $800 maybe could be more depending on buyer you can build an AR-15 for $500 or less now is not time to be selling. Wait until Brandon tries to pass some gun control legislation then the price s will spike skyward.

Anyone know what the current going sell price is for a "blue label" pre-ban colt competition hbar sporter ar15 is??

Serial number starts with CH and number is verified as pre-ban pre 1994 rifle.

All original, very light wear and use-- original box and manual as well.
My best guess is $1300-$1500, maybe more, maybe less. It's one of those esoteric things so I could way off and it could be closer to 2k or more. I'd look on Gunbroker or Gunsamerica and check preban prices.

I would guess maybe $1000-1200. It isn't a highly sought config, but it is a Colt. I also think there are some states that base the laws on Mfg dates.

Find the right guy and it will be worth a lot more than it will be to someone looking for an AR, pony fans will spend up to get them. I bought a couple of those in the early 90's and if I remember right they were around $850-900 then, I'd probably ask $1500 for it now if the box is in really nice condition, OBO. The two I had shot really well for the time, and more importantly they ran well. I traded both off in the late 90's and got my money back plus a little. The Clark Gator and similar rifles were WAY more accurate for relatively close money in those days.

I have seen a few as high as $3000 but who knows what they actually sold for. It probably has to do with what state you are in too I imagine since some states might do some sort of grandfather based on dates.

I was hoping someone would actually know what they were selling for--- who knows, if Brandon bans them again it may increase in price ---- then it would be a pre-pre-ban ar

Last edited:
I jave seen a few as high as $3000 but who knows what they actually sold for. It probably has to do with what state you are in too I imagine since some states might do some sort of grandfather based on dates.

I was hoping someone would actually know what they were selling for--- who knows, if Brandon Bans them again it may increase in price ---- then ot would be a pre-pre-ban ar
Well imo preban build quality was far better than the $500-$600 varieties you see now. If it were mine I'd just throw it up on Gunbroker and let the bidding begin. My tow cents worth from the peanut gallery.

I had a couple of Delta Hbars I sold that I wish I hadn't but I'm in CA and had to register and
re-register them every time a new ban was approved..... finger prints and all. Should have lost them in a boating accident. If you list on GB do it as an auction with a reserve price for your minimum and let the buyers determine what it is worth... a real auction. I had an old 700 .243W high gloss(I was afraid to shoot it and scratch it up that I put towels on every surface at the range) that went for $2,340 that I thought no way I'm getting paid for, turns out 2 guys who had this exact limited gun with near similar serial numbers wanted it back and had a bidding war. Same deal on a Weatherby and a rare model 70. I gave a couple rifles away for nothing on a few heartbreak stories so it evens out.

I have seen a few as high as $3000 but who knows what they actually sold for. It probably has to do with what state you are in too I imagine since some states might do some sort of grandfather based on dates.

I was hoping someone would actually know what they were selling for--- who knows, if Brandon bans them again it may increase in price ---- then it would be a pre-pre-ban ar
I am lost on the pre-ban aspect, if a new ban was instated, and if guns were grandfathered, it would revert to the current date, one would think that the 94 ban wouldn't be a blip on the radar.
I do know this, late 90's, early 2K's, when gun broker and other auction sites popped up, blue label Colts went for 1K to 1100 all day, regardless of the configuration. Prices dropped almost immediately in 04 once rescinded.
Then, older green label boxes were the ones demanding more coin, I for the life of me cannot recall why though, NFA act of 86 is all I have, but that makes no sense, they were not banned then.

I am not in any way telling you not to try get what you can for your rifle, heck I probably have the same rifle, but I would pay 3K for a JP rifle, not a Colt.

Idk around $800 maybe could be more depending on buyer you can build an AR-15 for $500 or less now is not time to be selling. Wait until Brandon tries to pass some gun control legislation then the price s will spike skyward.
Is Brandon, Biden's brother brother?😂
Sometimes you got to hate auto correct!!