Current sell price on pre-ban colt ar15

Anyone know what the current going sell price is for a "blue label" pre-ban colt competition hbar sporter ar15 is??

Serial number starts with CH and number is verified as pre-ban pre 1994 rifle.

All original, very light wear and use-- original box and manual as well.
Very interesting I own a Colt HBAR SER #MH.70770 NIB never fired. Plan on handing it down to my Swat Sniper Daughter. Was purchased many moons ago when I had my FFL. What Gr. .223 ammo is recommended for 1/7 twist? (Sorry to say i'm a factory ammo guy) Thank You.

I just bought a Colt Sporter in 7.62x39. Paid $2k. It's blue label. A guy at the same show have the same rifle, he would only go down to $2500. And Colt is the one that I used in the Army. Green label guns go much higher. Depends on condition, box, etc.

Very interesting I own a Colt HBAR SER #MH.70770 NIB never fired. Plan on handing it down to my Swat Sniper Daughter. Was purchased many moons ago when I had my FFL. What Gr. .223 ammo is recommended for 1/7 twist? (Sorry to say i'm a factory ammo guy) Thank You.
Try lots and see what works. Different guns like different ammo.

Best- most accurate factory ammo I ever found worked in all my 223/5.56 guns-- it was the federal gray tip 50 gr varmint ammo--- unfortunately it's been discontinued

I don't think yours is pre-ban based on serial number

Last edited:
Condition and configuration details will obviously affect price. Here are some general examples from Gunbroker:

This one sold for $1750 with 26 bids:

This one sold for $2175 with 28 bids:

This one sold for $1950 with 5 bids:

This one sold for $1794 with 4 bids:

You can always find a few that sold for more, and a few which sold for less, but these examples seem to be in the middle. Accordingly, it looks like somewhere between $1800-$2000 depending on the details is a reasonable expectation. Advertising well and being patient will always yield a higher return.

Last edited:
1/7 even 1/8 has been a 77grn black hills or 69grain Nosler for me. I have a hand load of the 50 z-max and cfe223 that beats them both in my rifles but won't shoot in my brother's or cousin's rifles quite as well. I have also shot some 52smk's really well with benchmark.

I assumed Brandon was supposed to be Biden. But noticed everyone is putting Brandon. Who's Brandon?
IMG_491211.jpg

I assumed Brandon was supposed to be Biden. But noticed everyone is putting Brandon. Who's Brandon?
I will help you out on this one.

Brandon Brown is a professional NASCAR driver who won the Talladega 500 this year. During the post race interview, the entire crowd was chanting F- Joe Biden. It was quite audible even on national TV. The interviewer, either being extremely hard of hearing or in a poor attempt to cover over what was happening said " they are saying lets go Brandon! " And the new phrase was coined.

For full disclosure I do not watch NASCAR nor do I keep up with pop culture. But it is unclear to me at this point in time how ANYBODY doesn't know this. HAHAHAHA

I have one stamped "Law Enforcement only" that was produced in the 90's right after the ban. I wonder if it holds any extra value. I hadn't thought about it in some time.. just sets in the back of the safe..

Recent Posts