Crispi Boots

I have Kenetrek Mountain Extreme NI, Crispi Valdres, and Danner Pronghorn 400. The Kenetreks are amazing and are hands down the best boot I've ever owned. The Danners have proven to be a good boot, as well. The Crispis are probably the worst boot I've bought in a while. I will never buy another pair and regret buying this pair.

I have Kenetrek Mountain Extreme NI, Crispi Valdres, and Danner Pronghorn 400. The Kenetreks are amazing and are hands down the best boot I've ever owned. The Danners have proven to be a good boot, as well. The Crispis are probably the worst boot I've bought in a while. I will never buy another pair and regret buying this pair.

What did you not like about the Crispi? Are the Valdres the only Crispis you have tried. Just wondering, I really love my Crispi Hunters, but the Valdres could be a total different boot.

I recommend buying 3-6 pairs of boots from different makers. Wear them around the house on carpet and you'll quickly be able to judge for yourself. Decide which pair to keep and return the rest. The most common brand of boots I see in large hunting camps in the SW are Kenetrek. For me the Kenetrek just didn't fit my foot well and was a little too stiff. They are very well made though. My last two pairs have been Crispi. I own the Nevada and the Wyoming. I have worn out a couple dozen higher end boots and I'm in love with the Crispis. I'm a big fan.

I've got a pair of Danner Trophy 10 inch. Bought these several years ago and all I have got to say about them is that they are very stiff leather and you really have to put some miles on them to break them in....still not done with that so I usually wear my Lowa Tibets just for comfort.
Tens :cool:
Neatsfoot oil works for a baseball mitt I imagine they would be great on boots too and completely waterproof and preserve them

I am also trying to decide between Crispi and Kenetrek. Lately I have been looking more at the Schnees lineup though. I might try going that route.
Schnees was very helpful when I bought from them. I bought the boots when I was driving through and they stretched them to fit my bunion. I picked them up on my return trip. I like their boots, plus their service is good.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.