creedmoor bullet

valleysnyper

I have a 6.5 creedmoor that I am going to reload for, has anyone used a accubond in theirs for deer ? or should I stay with the 140 gr Sierra gamekings I originally planned on

Gary

Berger 140 Hybrid Work great. I made a little tests with the 143 ELD-X and it gives me a little less MV but they work ok.

I have a 6.5 creedmoor that I am going to reload for, has anyone used a accubond in theirs for deer ? or should I stay with the 140 gr Sierra gamekings I originally planned on

Gary

I use Accubonds in .257, .277, and .308. I can assure you they will work perfectly. A slightly better bullet for deer or antelope is the Nosler Ballistic Tip. It is a bit more frangible and will make a bigger mess of the deer's insides. Kinda splittin hairs as your 6.5 CM is WAY plenty deer rifle, so either choice will work very well. ELD-x will be fine, but I'd go to the 129 SST if I wanted to use Hornady bullets for deer in 6.5. Nearly perfect.

You don't need (or EVEN WANT) big weight retention for deer. Just get the bullet inside and let it do its work. GMX and TTSX not really as good for deer. They would be fine, but the Ballistic Tips and SST are built for deer and the Accubond would be real close behind. Hope this helps. Awesome caliber choice for deer!

Gary

BTW...the Gamekings are great. You failed to mention your range? If I were out west for Muleys, I'd stick with 120-130 grain bullets going a little faster. If short range, trajectory makes no difference (anything inside 250 yards) and your 140 Gamekings will do a beautiful job similar to the Ballistic Tips or SST. Good luck.

I have killed a bunch of white tail deer with 260 Rem and 6.5x55 and 264 Win mag. In the 260 and 6.5x55 running the 120 Nosler BT 3000 fps and the 140 Sierra SP 2850 fps are VERY DEADLY on deer out to 500 or so yards. Have not shot any much over this yardage. I run the 130 Accubond 3350 fps from the 264 Win mag and it is AWESOME. It acts the same on impact from as close as 30 yards to a touch over 500 yards so far. It will enter a front shoulder take out the vitals and exit the offside shoulder with a quarter size hole and the deer drops in it's tracks. I have killed about 15 or so with the same results. It flies like the BT starts to open up like the BT but holds together like the partition and keeps on trucking. For deer you can't go wrong with any of these bullets. For those who worry about messing up the shoulders then don't shoot them in the shoulders. I don't like to track deer into the swamps around the bean fields I hunt over in NC so I shoulder shoot them and they are usually DRT. Shoot them behind the shoulder and they are dead but a lot of times they run off 50 to 100 yards before the "your dead" message gets to their brain. The problem that people have with BTs "blowing up" is that they try to run them too fast. These bullets are designed to have impact velocity under 3000 fps and from my experience impact velocity between 2800 and 1800 fps is about perfect with BTs.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.