6.5 Creedmoor Hammer bullet selection

That's what I shoot in my Tikka 6.5 CM. Varget is a great powder to use with it. Great bullet and load for the 6.5 CM!

Attachments

• 124 gr Hammer.JPG
    124 gr Hammer.JPG
    384.5 KB · Views: 173
The 124 shot a little over 1'' moa sideways. I was so stupefied I shot 4 different combos thinking it was me. I did the old fashion tape trick and my twist was 1-8.

Spoke to Steve and he assured me nothing I could do would cause that and gave me choice of anything to replace them free of charge. I got some 110HH and they are <.5.

I have switched 80% of my rifles to Hammer.IMG_8286.JPG

The 124 HH is great out of my 6.5x47. It has a 8 twist benchmark at 25". H4350 gets me 2938 FPS. On game performance has been perfect. Only killed three animals but they were all DRT.

I have a Bergara B14 HMR in 6.5 Creed, I have both the 124 HH and 110 HH, I am still in development stage. Using RL16 so far on both, I never hit pressure with the 124 HH, before I ran out of space, I could only get to 44gr., that was a compressed load that I could not get to my CBTO I needed for the magazine. They shot .630 and severely compressed was .578 MOA. On the 110HH, I have not finished testing, I have loaded two sets of them one at 41gr and another at 42gr of RL16, they grouped at .373 and .408. I have another set of 43gr, 44gr and 44.5gr, the last one is compressed. If they continue to group below .500 MOA, they will be my new go to bullet. I also have some Staball 6.5 that I plan to try, it should boost velocity, I also have IMR 4166 to try as well, just not enough time to play around with them, but what little I have done, they are the most accurate and easiest bullet to load. I plan to try the 177 HH in the 28 Nosler, I should be able to get this one up to 3300+ FPS, if they group as good as the Creed has been doing on them, I will not use another bullet. I was a big Berger fan before this bullet came around.

Yup. If you're experienced reloader take a look at the Absolute Hammer 123. Getting 300fps faster than the Hammer 124 Hunters. Literally my new favorite bullet. Only advantage in the bullet is the point blank hold is a lot flatter.

Yup. If you're experienced reloader take a look at the Absolute Hammer 123. Getting 300fps faster than the Hammer 124 Hunters. Literally my new favorite bullet. Only advantage in the bullet is the point blank hold is a lot flatter.

How did you go about finding a col for this bullet? If I read it right you cannot contact the lands or did I read wrong?

tikka 6.5 with hammer 124 h4350 3000 fps dead on out to 500 yds
thanks Steve
What is your load recipie? Are you shooting a stock barrel?

right now I have 6.5 Superlite put a Mesa Precision Altitude stock, factory everything else. Shooting .5-.75 moa with 124HH 40.0 Varget, neck 1.545, CBTO 2.137, Lapua SRP, CCI primers. I don't have a good Chrono, so not sure of the velocity, but based on my distance drops, it seems to be about 2850-2900 fps

Last edited:
NorCal AOShun: I see you are using small rifle primers. Are you using Lapua brass? I have a box of it, but don't see any particular advantage except perhaps longer case life. I haven't shot any of it enough times to see if there's longer case life.

Recent Posts