6.5 creedmoor bullet drop

I'm assuming you do not agree with my thoughts on this. I'm only stating facts. The hunting in my area of Wi is exactly what I stated, you have a very brief time to get your gun up make a shot, there is no time for a rangefinder, spinning turrets or guestimates. I have seen all the hunting shows where they watch the animsl for 10 min or msybe all day waiting for a picture perfect shot. Thats not real life where I hunt.

Ok, I may have read into your post alittle, I apologize
Im just having trouble if this thing drops that much at 200yds, I think it might be really bad at 300
I reslize only real world testing will tell me but I guess I have just lost confidence in it

you are probably 2590fps. it is slow for the 6.5 Creedmoor but will have plenty of energy to kill deer. shoot those 100 rnds up. try to find some h4350, imr4451, try 42.gr should get you close to 2700fps with the 140. then don't look back.

you have the rig for itgun)

Alright, thanks for the input, as I said, I have just started reloading so I have what some prob think are stupid questions. Ive never been steered wrong on this site. Although this is a long range site, and Im not even close to long range, I trust the knowledge on here
Thanks again

If you are worried about flat trajectory, and it's usefulness in hunting.
I would get a Chrony and switch to a 130 grain bullet. Get it to 2800-2900fps, it will work for the type of hunting you are describing..

I guess I have just lost confidence in it

Why would handloads of questionable quality make you lose confidence? It ain't the rifles fault. Feed it what it likes, instead of what some yayhoo gave you without going thru the trouble to tailor it to YOUR gun, and you'll notice a world of difference......

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts