Cranking up the RPM

I've been using a 30-06 AI for a lot of years shooting 165/175 grain bullets. With the new powders that are available my current AI will darn near run with the 300 WSM. Also with these powders the old 30-06 has narrowed the gap with the 06 AI. Using Warlords numbers it looks like I would gain about 10 percent case capacity vs my Nosler AI fired and sized brass. I'm thinking this would be a sweet spot for mild recoil and good performance.

I've been using a 30-06 AI for a lot of years shooting 165/175 grain bullets. With the new powders that are available my current AI will darn near run with the 300 WSM. Also with these powders the old 30-06 has narrowed the gap with the 06 AI. Using Warlords numbers it looks like I would gain about 10 percent case capacity vs my Nosler AI fired and sized brass. I'm thinking this would be a sweet spot for mild recoil and good performance.
Yes, it would be a good place, it would give me the vel. I wanted to achieve with my 30-06AI and a little better with mild pressure.

Reviving this thread to see if anyone has built wildcats off the RPM case. I've been looking for info on a 30-6.5 RPM reamer and dies, not finding any info.
I have been pondering the benefits of any and all of the options… so far, I have not found it to be a viable project:
7mm/6.5 Wby RPM reamer is available and seems to be a duplicate of the 7 RM (so is the .280 Ackley Improved that I already have). 30/6.5 Wby RPM seems like the best option but I don't know of anyone that has it in their catalog yet. 338/6.5 Wby RPM holds my interest the most, as I think it will closely mimic the 338 WM.

PTG has a 30-rpm print on file.

But with Norma supposedly not sending any more brass to the US for the foreseeable future, I wonder what will happen to the 6.5 rpm brass availability. Maybe weatherby will only get what they need for factory ammunition?

I have been pondering the benefits of any and all of the options… so far, I have not found it to be a viable project:
7mm/6.5 Wby RPM reamer is available and seems to be a duplicate of the 7 RM (so is the .280 Ackley Improved that I already have). 30/6.5 Wby RPM seems like the best option but I don't know of anyone that has it in their catalog yet. 338/6.5 Wby RPM holds my interest the most, as I think it will closely mimic the 338 WM.
The 7mm version would outpace any 280ai in existence with ease.

PTG has a 30-rpm print on file.

But with Norma supposedly not sending any more brass to the US for the foreseeable future, I wonder what will happen to the 6.5 rpm brass availability. Maybe weatherby will only get what they need for factory ammunition?
According to customer service they foresee no interruption in service. I believe norma isn't selling brass in quantities of 20-50 to us low level end users but likely happy to fill orders for weatherby who will then package the brass and sell it to us. Also peterson expressed last year that the rpm was on their radar

According to customer service they foresee no interruption in service. I believe norma isn't selling brass in quantities of 20-50 to us low level end users but likely happy to fill orders for weatherby who will then package the brass and sell it to us. Also peterson expressed last year that the rpm was on their radar

Did Peterson publicly state that? That's pretty cool.

I'm wondering how that 308 sized case head will hold up to the large powder charges on a .30 or .338 version

Did Peterson publicly state that? That's pretty cool.

I'm wondering how that 308 sized case head will hold up to the large powder charges on a .30 or .338 version
Just an email exchange after they released 6.5-300 Brass.
I've stomped on the 6.5rpm pretty hard and the Brass has held up. My test case has 11 firings on it with 71 gr of retumbo and a 140 accubond. Shoulder bumped and tumbled primer pocket is just now feeling a tad easier when seating.

The 7mm version would outpace any 280ai in existence with ease.
The 280 and 7 RM are too close for me to want to invest… if it's vastly superior to the 7 RM, I might change my mind— like closer to the 7 WBY?
Just an email exchange after they released 6.5-300 Brass.
I've stomped on the 6.5rpm pretty hard and the Brass has held up. My test case has 11 firings on it with 71 gr of retumbo and a 140 accubond. Shoulder bumped and tumbled primer pocket is just now feeling a tad easier when seating.
I am in the middle of an email exchange on the subject myself— hopefully, there's enough interest for that to get done!

I have contacted Peterson a couple of times about either 284win based wildcat tubes or an untrimmed 284win batch, so maybe with enough people inquiring about more 284 based options, they'll make the 6.5wby case