Counter sniper scopes....any good???

tacsniper0888

Just as the topic says, are counter sniper scopes any good? Going on a .338 edge build. Their newest model is advertised as having ED glass. And a 75 mm objective!!!! 34 mm main tube! 4-50 power magnification. Just seems too good to be true!!!

Just as the topic says, are counter sniper scopes any good? Going on a .338 edge build. Their newest model is advertised as having ED glass. And a 75 mm objective!!!! 34 mm main tube! 4-50 power magnification. Just seems too good to be true!!!

Yes, it is too good to be true. That company has zero credibility.

I looked at those scopes a few years ago. The marketing hype was unbelievable. I inspected the scopes at SHOT and they were of average Chinese quality, which is not very good. Their claims of offering overruns from military production contracts were as unbelievable as the rest of the hype. The list prices were astronomical. Even the sale prices were 50-100% too high for the quality.

I'm glad you asked before you bought one. So many guys on here start their post with "so I just bought so and so scope. Is it any good?"
With optics, as with many things in life, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. I've never heard anyone say anything good about Counter Sniper scopes. They seem to spend a lot on marketing, but have no reputation to back it up.
These are the scopes that come highly recommended on this forum:
Any Night Force scope
Vortex Viper
Sightron SII or SIII
Bushnell Elites
Leupold VX3
Nikon Monarchs

BTW, I use a Bushnell Elite 4200.

I have a buddy that bought one. He is happy with it. It seemed ok to me when I set the gun up. Clicks moved as they should. Seemed to be clear but dotn know about the light capibility. Tried to have a turret made for it but didnt happen! I even contacted Counter Sniper to try and get a blank turret. Talked to the manager and he promised to get me one but it never happned. This has been close to a yr. I am now having a turret label made for it. I would not buy one because they didnt follow through with there word!!!!!! Customer service is is everything!!

Oh ok. I'm on the other side of the state right against the Mississippi River around reelfoot lake. Glad to see another Tennesseean on the site.

From the article: "... the investigation moved to a business off Sunset and Kansas Expressway. It's called Dark Ops Holdings, owned by Frank Miller. Miller tells us that Bonis was his only supplier, so he had to shut down because he had no more merchandise.
Miller says he had no idea his supplier might have been erasing the Chinese markings.
Federal agents also seized his merchandise on a search warrant. Those federal documents are sealed..."

So he truth is, Dark Ops wasn't just based on marketing hype, it was based on fraud. I talked to Frank Miller at SHOT Show a few years ago. It was clear to me they were Chinese scopes. Where the hell did he think they were made? I hope he losses his ***** in legal fees.

Thank goodness this guy is out of business. It was painful to read the Dark Ops marketing material and know that some good folks got duped by it.

Another forum has a thread stating that counter sniper is out of business due to the raid. Bruce

Are you kidding! $6 to $8000 scopes for the government and we get the overruns for $600. They're made out of space age materials like unobtanimum.

Joking made in China garbage, not more than $100 in my opinion. BS marketing.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.