Counter sniper optics?

Sorry if you feel like people aren't being helpful here. I would stay away from CounterSniper though.
If you want to stay under $1,000, try looking at Vortex Vipers, Viper HS, and Viper PST's. Also check out the Bushnell Elite 6500 line of scopes.
In the $1,000-$2,000 range check out Nightforce and Vortex Razor HD's. Over $2,000 ask someone else, because I'll never have the money to bother with that kind of stuff.

Me personally, I shoot with a Bushnell Elite 4200, but I think my next purchase will be a Vortex Viper HS.

Let us know what you choose. No matter what you go with, someone on here will criticize your choice.

Sniper biper... Unfortunately, our sport and the industry has adopted words that are detrimental to all of us, no matter what we shoot or what we hunt. Words like tacital, sniper, special ops and other paramilitary terms shild be removed from advertising and should be not be used.

It gives people not associated with our sport a bad impression and I'll tell you something, those people make up the voting majority in the country.

Like the AR platform. People associate 'AR' with assualt rifle when, in fact, 'AR' is a designation and nothing more.
Flip is correct.

"Assault Rifle" is a term created by the liberal media to try to make guns sound bad and dangerous. It didn't exist before the mid 80's when they (blatently illegally) passed the ban on civilians buying new manufactured full-auto weapons pending a Form-4 transfer.

The "AR" designation is nothing more than that...An alphabetical model designation given to the rifles built by the Armalite company.

I am convinced that the Night force scope is the way to go. I am curious to know if the NXS has sufficient adjustment or if I need to go with the Atacr. Any incite on how much adjustment will be needed for the 375 CT to reach its potential ranges?

It will have more than enough adjustment. If you feel you don't you will have enough, buy a 20 MOA base. I recommend EGW. Also recommend TPS TSR rings.

.375 Cheytac is gonna be a tough one to find data for...I'd contact Cheytac, Kirby Allen, or any other known gunsmith that messes with the huge bore calibers.

I see a lot of posts from those who lack experience with Counter Sniper Scopes. I own 3 of the 10-40X56 35mm Tube. I also see recomendations for Vortex scopes. What Vortex model has the magnification to compete with the 10-40X Counter Sniper? Show me.

Optically these scopes are good not great. I have a 10-50X60 Sightron to compare it to.
They have an easy to understand turret lock.

I am very pleased with the Countersniper scope (Counter Sniper Aluminum 6 screw rings) on my .204 Ruger.

I had reticle movement problems with a Counter Sniper scope mounted on a 6.5-28 8.5 pound rifle. I used Valdada Steel 35mm Rings which I recommend. They are well finished and not chunky but a trim steel ring.

One member of my gun club has tried a Counter Sniper and sent it back because it did not have sufficient range of adjustment to work with his underpowered 6mm BR handloads.

The 10-32X Sightron 30mm claims greater range of adjustment than the Counter Sniper has. I bought the Burris Black Diamond 30mm Tube and it appears brighter than the 10-32X Sightron because it has a larger internal tube and less range of adjustment.

I believe the Counter Sniper 10-40X56 35mm tube scope is an excellent scope for cartridges that do not kick to 500 yards or under. Pararie Dog or Coyote rifles.

Attachments

• P1020146.jpg
    P1020146.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 74
  • P1020078.jpg
    P1020078.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 87
I see a lot of posts from those who lack experience with Counter Sniper Scopes. I own 3 of the 10-40X56 35mm Tube. I also see recomendations for Vortex scopes. What Vortex model has the magnification to compete with the 10-40X Counter Sniper? Show me.

Optically these scopes are good not great. I have a 10-50X60 Sightron to compare it to.

I am very pleased with the Countersniper scope (Counter Sniper Aluminum 6 screw rings) on my .204 Ruger.

I had reticle movement problems with a Counter Sniper scope mounted on a 6.5-28 8.5 pound rifle. I used Valdada Steel 35mm Rings which I recommend. They are well finished and not chunky but a trim steel ring.

One member of my gun club has tried a Counter Sniper and sent it back because it did not have sufficient range of adjustment to work with his underpowered 6mm BR handloads.

The 10-32X Sightron 30mm claims greater range of adjustment than the Counter Sniper has. I bought the Burris Black Diamond 30mm Tube and it appears brighter than the 10-32X Sightron because it has a larger internal tube and less range of adjustment.

I believe the Counter Sniper 10-40X56 35mm tube scope is an excellent scope for cartridges that do not kick to 500 yards or under. Pararie Dog or Coyote rifles.

So basically your ok with paying those prices for a scope that cant take much recoil (reticle movement), doesn't have much travel, doesn't have great glass. Zoom is so overrated its not even funny. Everyone thinks "if you want to shoot long range you need alot of zoom" Thats just plane wrong. If you want to actually shoot long range (not BR shoot at 100 yds, because thats all your scope is good for" YOU NEED TRAVEL above all else. Your post makes it plainly clear you made a (or 3) bad choices when you bought your scope and are to proud to admit it, but your still going to try to convince the next guy to do the same. Reviews like the one above is why you take all internet reviews with a huge grain of salt. The guy doing the review may or may not know anything about scopes.

Exactly! And I'll be damned if I'm gonna look through blue glass at those ranges. Even my NF ATACR is difficult to use at full 25x zoom at long distances once mirage kicks in, and out here in az in August mirage kicks in at 630am. No scope is immune to mirage but when combined with crap glass it makes it even worse.

That's because most people do a tiny bit of research before they buy a scope. By doing so they quickly realize counter sniper is junk and they spend their money on worth-while optics. I don't own a counter sniper but I know they're junk. I'm not going to go waste my money just to be even more sure of it.

I would take any thing vortex offers than run one of those pieces of junk. Even the low price diamond backs wont have reticle movement from recoil. Counter sniper are junk just playing off the ghey name they have. military overrun ha that is good stuff

I would take any thing vortex offers than run one of those pieces of junk. Even the low price diamond backs wont have reticle movement from recoil. Counter sniper are junk just playing off the ghey name they have. military overrun ha that is good stuff

That's not a fair comparison because the diamond doesn't have the word "SNIPER" in it.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.