Copper remover.

Re: Lefty you just need something that works easy and right now...

I usae wipe out. I think its great stuff! Fell the barrel up,wipe off any excess. Let it sit for 6 to 8 hours run a few patches of standard Hoppe's Nitro through it. All my barrels are cleans enought to start all over again.Amount of copper is well managed.

[ QUOTE ]
If you are leaving a heavily fouled barrel overnight than I would rotate the

[/ QUOTE ]

Any more than 15 minutes and all the ammonia has evaporated. It doesn't do any good to leave it in the barrel once the ammonia is gone.

[ QUOTE ]
Please use a Neil Jones or a Lucas bore guides

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone seems to agree the Lucas guides are top notch/required. Where can I read about Neil Jones? Click on the Lucas guides link and read about them on 6mmbr

WartHog is undoubtedly the fastest copper remover and while it's at it the oxidizer is also reacting with the Fe atoms in your barrel.

I use 26 degree baume ammonia for my 50 BMGs. (not something I recommend to others). I like Montana products, wipe out (when I'm at home and can deal with the mess/muzzle break). But my personal favorite is

TETRA 601C COPPER SOLVENT
35058.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.