Copper Bullets

The exit hole on a Idaho muley from a 150 ttsx at 720yds, dropped where it was hit. My buddy and his son that's been using the ttsx since its beginning has 20 animals taken with the ttsx all dropped in there tracks but 2, one Mule deer was a bad shot and a 400lb bear that was shot a full run and ran another 80yds before it balled up after it pumped out its blood. We haven't had any animals run off do to failure of the ttsx bullet construction.

Attachments

• IMG_20230813_085124.jpg
    IMG_20230813_085124.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 57
Gday @Johnny Boy
If I get time I'll read all of this thread but the few pages I've read show the same patterns so I'll keep out of the crap that exsists here with certain peoples agendas as it's just plain sad & hope you gain enough good information to steer you in the right direction
Here's mine fwiw

I don't come from when things go right it's why they went wrong or less than the ideal that teaches us more & what to try & avoid in the future so just a couple points that you may consider in your quest
But I apologise in advance on my writing skills as they plain suck

The majority of people are looking @ when things go right nothing wrong with this as we should take note of those results
so the following is not trying to come across to dismiss their results as it's good to see but once you delve a little deeper you start to see patterns of where one particular pill design starts to drop off & the other still kills well
I'd suggest start looking for what ea brand does ( style means a lot ) & where /what it will actually impact the chosen critter @ ( impact velocity)
Then look @ the different resistances we encounter in the field

Once you've got that the hard part is understanding where a pill kills well across those different impacts & resistances & as you will see everyone has different interpretations of what is acceptable & for good reason sometimes , it dosent matter if some critters run for some people others can't afford runs others with respect don't know or care

If your one that is going to be in the lower end of velocity impacts a pill regardless of type has a lower effective true !!!! working velocity & breaking these down the shedding monos are more efficient than a mushroom hands down on the whole across the board

If you want to rate a mono to work your numbers on of where they are starting to fall away for your own personal situation a mushroom mono starts to show signs of less than ideal preformance around 2400/2500 with the impacts of 2000/2100 they start to really fall off the perch but will still kill given enough time after impact ( or a very well placed shot covers a lot up , also from a visual Point be careful watching the videos some promote & ones that evade the actual of what/where the pill made contact )
The shedding mono will drop these level by around 300 /400 feet on the average ( different brands /styles you can move these figures a touch ea way from ea other ) but you need to be extremely careful not to listen to the companies that state a lot lower than this unless your in the camp of don't care how long a critter will take to tip over from impact & the non recovered also increases
( once again resistance is key here & some frangible are way better down this low but no good to you sorry )

Now high end impacts are one to be careful of also & if a company is in the camp of they have a mushroom & shed @ high velocity impacts is ok they are also full of crap again
Just like a shedding is no good if it retains petals or has a too rounded meplat ( same goes with a mushroom mono look for the squarer meplat mushrooms)

You need a consistent system imo that is not compromised to get consistent results it's that simple
Also be very careful if you get a too rounded meplat even a fairly jaggered meplat regardless of style as your straight line penetration will be compromised ( not all the time but it will happen & then wound channels are also compromised especially straight line thus creating longer kills from impact to tip or lost animals )

Now we can put bandaids on our combos to help & im all for that but the best balanced pills don't need these so that's the best option imo & one I push hard to get

my advice would be look @ your expected impacts & resistance see where you would impact @ then look what style fits in to your window & then search a little deeper on what ea brand actually does & the way the companies metal alloy of their choice behaves under the velocity window you will hunt within & that's most of the way there on getting a mono to work well

I won't put my personal numbers out on the data I've collected over the 30 odd years I've compiled my observations on , this being with small deer size critters up I'm referencing the above off & multiples of the same angle /velocity impacts ( also some critters need a different pill to get consistent results) , today I dont shoot as many ea year but still 3 figures are easily accounted for & still today I try to learn a little more ea time but still some way to go to figure this whole darn terminal rabbit hole out yep I have way more left to learn .
I also use one smaller species in particular these days as I found /learned when i get good results on these critters , deer or like are easy .
getting more consistent kills is what I've strived to achieve throughout my work & now my hobby

Jm2cw

I wish you the best in your journey

Cheers