Copper removal from used gun

KG12 copper solvent. Cred1 mentioned it earlier. Won't eat up the barrel if left in it to long. Be careful to keep it off brass surfaces, like a Henry with a brass receiver!

I would skip all those harsh, ammonia-based solvents (not because they don't work, they just aren't needed anymore) and use the foaming Wipeout as has been suggested. This has been a game-changer for me the last three years I have been using it. Works by itself, no scrubbing or brushing, which save mechanical wear on the bore. You can let it sit overnight.
My usual sequence is to use a couple wipes of a traditional powder solvent like Hoppe's #9, just to get the powder residue out, then a dry patch or two, then a few soaks with Wipeout until no more blue comes out. There may still be some carbon, so after all the carbon is gone, you can use your carbon remover of choice on that. This is if you really want to get the bore down to squeaky clean, which may not help (might even hurt) accuracy.
BTW, that little bit of copper wash in your photo could easily be the result of nothing other than a few test shots at the factory. It doesn't take much to coat the lands, especially on a brand new bore.

Cheers,
Rex

Looks like you are trying to fix something before you know its broke.Scope it and sight it in.See how it shoots.I would hardly call the bore fouled from your pic.

There are lots of ways to get copper out. Pick one and use it….. I like Boretech eliminator.

Avoid abrasives. More barrels have been ruined by improper cleaning than by lack of cleaning.

All of that said, some copper is good. If it shoots well, don't worry about getting 1000% of the copper out.

I would give Sweet's a go. Leave it in once foamed up with a LOOSE patch or nylon brush, for 15 minutes. Do this several times if blue keeps coming out.
Follow by JB to get any remaining carbon under where the copper was.
Always swab out with alcohol based solvent like Methylated spirits after using Sweet's.
Always swab out with a Petroleum based solvent after using JB. I like Carbie Kleen or Brake Kleen.
Follow with a LIGHT coat of oil, but NEVER shoot a rifle with an oily bore/chamber.
Swab them out before shooting.

Cheers.
I use denatured alcohol when I am done with sweets. Sweets works but it's some nasty stuff

Cred1 is right,KG12 is the best copper remover on the planet.It reduces the copper into a black paste.Best results are achieved by applying with a nylon brush and leave overnight, few stokes with PB brush and then a few patches and you will be surprised what comes out.

Anyone out there know what happened to the outfit that made Hunters Supreme Copper Melt? Hands down the best bore cleaner I ever used. First 2 patches got all the carbon and the next 2-3 got all the copper. Stuff worked like magic.

I have a .270 that I purchased brand new in 1958 (first rifle) that was my only high-power rifle for about 30 years. I thought that I had shot out the barrel and recently was going to give it to my grandson, prior to having it re-barreled I decided to use Wipe-Out to see if there were any improvements in accuracy. I spent a couple of days soaking overnight and running many patches through.
Went to the range and to my amazement at 100 yds. after the first fowling shot she put five rounds that could be covered with a dime through the target!
That was my first time using Wipe-Out and you can bet it won't be my last.

From the description you make it sound very much like a new rifle - and considering you said no scope has been mounted, I can't see how what you think is copper on the rifling is actually copper. I just hope you are not chaising a ghost. I'd follow the advice above and install a scope and go shoot it. Then see what you have.
I agree with you. No color on the patch is a clue as well.

It could be copper from the proof round or rounds. I thought the OP said it was fired, but not alot of rounds. In case case yes you could fire it to see what happens.

Something to try. When I've had this problem myself, I have had to rotate between Sweet's 7.62 for copper. Then powder solvent. Then Sweet's again. You will probably have to rotate several times to get ALL the copper out.

I used to clean by borescope. Now I only do that once after buying a new to me, used rifle. I found that it takes 10 to 15 rounds to fill in the low spots that affect accuracy. Then leave it that way.

I personally use Barnes CR -10. Run a wet patch through let sit for 5 minutes then a dry patch....if the dry one shows blue repeat again, after it's clean, run an oil soaked patch through then a few dry patches

Okay, so I went downstairs and worked on it a little before I came to work. I ran the Sweet's back and forth for probably 20-30 strokes and let it sit for 5 or so minutes. After I ran dry patches through and had just a little blue on the first couple, I don't see anything now. I don't have a borescope so I can't get a good look but I am much more relaxed now. I'm not a professional shooter nor hunter and extreme long range shooting is not in my near future so it doesn't have to shoot unbelievably accurate for me. However, I am a little ocd and when I see something like I saw in the end of the barrel it drives me nuts. I understand it probably doesn't hurt anything being in there and possibly could help but knowing it is there aggravated me. I refuse to buy a borescope because I would absolutely drive myself crazy for sure then. I appreciate all the help guys