Copper removal from used gun

Old rooster

I will find out when it gets here.I did not get the areosol spray but got the 4 oz can.
One person said in a review on amazon.com that the ingredients in the spray can has things that can cause cancer so I just got the liquid in a can.

nicholasjohn

I will find out when it gets here.I did not get the areosol spray but got the 4 oz can.
One person said in a review on amazon.com that the ingredients in the spray can has things that can cause cancer so I just got the liquid in a can.

I guess you want to live to be a really old rooster - good thinking. Let us know how it goes. I'll probably pick up a can and try it myself.

RevJim

I just start out with a very clean bore, then sop wet it with the EezOx on a loose patch/rod. I put it muzzle down overnight. Next time at Range I then run a dry patch. Fire one round, run a wet patch/rod then dry patch, shoot another round, for 5 rounds. New rifle/old rifle/no matter. Then I just run a wet patch every 10 to 20rds or so/dry patch or use a BoreSnake. Thats it, no brush on a rod, just the one on the Boresnake. I don't wipe down the outside metal as it smells nice but very strong! I used Outers TriLube on the outside. Same way, wet it all down, let dry overnight, wipe off excess. Can take several rains/snows with just a wipe down back at camp!

Old rooster

Just got my can today and I already had the bore clean as a pen,just ran a wet patch through the gun and will sit until I go to the range and do the rest as you mentioned.
One warning about eezeox,use gloves as I didn't and can't get that smell off my hands no matter how much soap I use.Not an bad smell and I can tell it soaked into my hands and maybe it will do the same for my rifle bore.We will see.

Old rooster

Gater said,
I use denatured alcohol when I am done with sweets. Sweets works but it’s some nasty stuff

Man is that true!I got sick as a dog after cleaning a few guns with Sweets.Non ventilated basement room got so sick I had to stop for a few days.Did not leave any Sweets in barrel as it will etch the barrel if left for an extended time.
Sick for 3 days.I gave my bottle of Sweets to my brother law that love's the stuff and now I use KG products and it does all I need.
Just got a can of eezox and will try it too for bore protection.

JimBridger

I’m amazed no one referred to this product Big 45 metal cleaner. ‘What you need for cleaning a gun’ https://www.big45metalcleaner.com/home/things-for-cleaning/
Home page https://www.big45metalcleaner.com/
index_7.jpg

follow the instructions, and remove lead/copper fouling dirt and grime. Good luck!