Copper Bullets

Like to hear more about the 85 in 6.5 Creed
It's a pretty short story - I FL resized once-fired brass from an old bolt action barrel, put an 85 HH on top of 50gn of W760 (because I had an 8# keg of it, not because it's optimal) seated the last PDR groove at the mouth of the case, and ran it through my Aero AR-10 upper. Didn't cycle the action at first, but put my Saker 7.62 on it and it cycled, fed, and locked back like it should. No adjustable gas block, so is what it is there, I have no plans of NOT using the suppressor with this load. Grouped under an inch at 100 yards, so I ran through 50 of them with no issues. 3400 FPS, and that's not the max for this load. COL was 2.570". Typical easy Hammer load development.

Thermion XG50, Hog Saddle tripod/head with an arca mount, and☠️☠️☠️ pigs.

I'm an honest guy though, so I will say the 85HH in my Seekins 6.5CM was my worst experience with Hammer bullets. I'm talking 3"+ groups at 100 yards, back to back with Hornady match ammo shooting under an inch. I didn't do a bunch of analysis... I sold the rifle pretty soon after that. To my brother of all people 😂 Same load shot about an inch in a factory Bergara barrel, sometimes things just don't work out. My first 180HH load in 30-06 was shooting bugholes at 100 yards 200 FPS faster than intended.

Last edited:
Which model of CEB have you used? Do you have any terminal results? That's what makes me hesitant to use them I don't see much information on that.
I haven't taken animal with them yet but it's looking like I will be using them in my 338 NMI so hopefully sooner than later.

I am using the Lazer bullets.

Questions: Are GS Customs still around? Are they available in the US? Anybody still uses those? Comments just on GS customs?

They are the most accurate bullets I ever used.

I used them on a sheep hunt and two deer hunts. The sheep took three shots. The guide though I was gut shooting it, but when he skinned it we saw all three when right through the lungs. It traveled about 1/4 mile after the first hit.

The first deer was hit straight in the sternum and went down. I thought the hunt was over. It jumped up and ran several hundred yards. As it presented a side shot I sort of did a duck hunt move and hit it in the lungs again. It only flinched. I finally found it again. When it jumped up to take off again I put one in the boiler room. It dropped but was not dead, so I put one through the neck. Next deer was angling away. The first bullet entered in front of the back leg and exited just behind the off side front leg. It also turned and gave me a broadside shot. It didn't even react and went another 100 yards. But it fell into a dead tree where I put a finisher into its neck.

I have 106 of 6.5mm I will sell.

They are the most accurate bullets I ever used.

I used them on a sheep hunt and two deer hunts. The sheep took three shots. The guide though I was gut shooting it, but when he skinned it we saw all three when right through the lungs. It traveled about 1/4 mile after the first hit.

The first deer was hit straight in the sternum and went down. I thought the hunt was over. It jumped up and ran several hundred yards. As it presented a side shot I sort of did a duck hunt move and hit it in the lungs again. It only flinched. I finally found it again. When it jumped up to take off again I put one in the boiler room. It dropped but was not dead, so I put one through the neck. Next deer was angling away. The first bullet entered in front of the back leg and exited just behind the off side front leg. It also turned and gave me a broadside shot. It didn't even react and went another 100 yards. But it fell into a dead tree where I put a finisher into its neck.

I have 106 of 6.5mm I will sell.
Thanks. I was interested in their .224, the once specifically made for FN 5.7x28. Its a tricky round to load since the cases have a special coating

I tested the 85 grain Hammer in a 6.5SS, which is pretty close in capacity to the 6.5 PRC. Was able to easily find an accurate load at 3740 fps in a 22" barrel, could likely have pushed it farther. Shoots like a lazer beam and impact velocity at 200 yards would still be over 3100 fps and likely produce very consistent bang flops. I think this one would be viable out to about 500 yards IMO, after that the wind drift starts adding up quickly. At 800 yards with a full value 10 mph wind it's over 5' of drift.

I've loaded a bunch of the 124 Hammer Hunters in the same rifle, running about 3200 fps. Have piled up a bunch of deer and hogs with this load, it's extremely accurate and devastating . All were DRT. Their tipped 125 grain HHT which was recently released would definitely be worth a look.

With an 8 twist barrel in a 6.5 that's probably about as heavy as you can go with copper bullets

Last edited:
Because I feel like an 85gr out of a huge case like the PRC is a mismatch. The jump would be pretty far I bet. If I was going to shoot an 85gr bullet that would be for my grendel that I sold or a 243 that I used to own a long time ago.
That's understandable but if you decide to try Hammers the 85 will make your PRC a laser out to 800 yards,If you want to give it a go I'll send you some to try.

Because I feel like an 85gr out of a huge case like the PRC is a mismatch. The jump would be pretty far I bet. If I was going to shoot an 85gr bullet that would be for my grendel that I sold or a 243 that I used to own a long time ago.
80g ballistic tip bullets in 257 WBY?

Recent Posts