cooper rifle

Kennedy

I saw a cooper model 560 made for best of the west and my question is what do you guys think about this rifle as for accuracy? Would it be more accurate than a sako 85 finnlight? i was looking at the 300 win mag and even though its a pretty gun i was wondering if it was worth the $7000. Anyone have one of these that can provide some thoughts? would we be better off building a total custom with a Hart, brux or lilja barell?

I have a BOTW Cooper in 6,5x284 and it has outstanding accuracy, consistent .25-.5", 5 shots measured at to 500 yards, some groups better! Hot, cold, clean, or dirty. My reloads or their ammo. The BOTW is not an out of the box Cooper, which are excellent shooters in their own right. They are basically a custom rifle with speced barrels, perfectly bedded stocks, smoothed and worked actions, and thoroughly tested. Every aspect of this rifle will stand up against any custom out there, with impeccable workmanship. I was initially skeptical, and have been a very pragmatic, do it yourself person my whole life, but my wife wanted to get it for me for my 60th birthday. This rifle package was worth every penny, and the people at BOTW are great to work with, and truly experts at what they do. I recommend you call them, and get opinions from people that actually "own" one of their rifles IMHO.

Personally I think anyone that spends $7000.00 to build a rifle has more $$$$ than they've got brains!!

Everything is relevant to the situation. If a rifle in that price range isnt for you then dont buy it. I see guys with $60k king ranch f-350's all the time that have no need for them. Its where your priorities are. If you have never shot a $10k shotgun or fine rifle then i can see where this comment would come from. Shotguners are notorious for spending much more on their guns then $7000. I guess i humbly disagree with you.

Until you see what a properly built $7000 custom rifle is capable of, you don't know what you are missing.

I spoke with the BOTW crew at a the Denver Sportsmans Expo last fall. While Cooper makes their actions and supplies other parts, BOTW builds the rifles themselves. From what I have heard and read, they shoot right along with Gunwerks and other top end customs.
These packages are really great actually. Not only are you getting a top notch rifle and optics, it is all set up right, scope leveled and sighted in, load development is done. There is a lot of time and work that goes into putting it all together and making the system work right.

Back to that 7K custom rifle comment.
I had one built by another firm last winter. It is heavier, weighing in at 13.5 lbs scoped, but it was built as a 1000 yard varmint rifle light enough to carry on above timberline marmot hunts.
So far this month I have taken 8 at over 900 yards, one of which was at 1010, one at 1108, and one at 1156 yards. Anything under 800 does not get fired upon. It is just unbelievably accurate.

I'm not 'missing' anything!!

Define this then. What rifles are you shooting and what groups at distance are you getting? I notice your from louisiana and most of these expensive hunting rifle manufacturers are out west.....there is a reason that these rifles are being built and have such a demand out here.....there is a need. The reason there expensive is that there the best. When the chips are down i want the best i can afford in gear. Out here your life and hunt depends on it. No tree stands or box blinds here

Until you see what a properly built $7000 custom rifle is capable of, you don't know what you are missing.

I spoke with the BOTW crew at a the Denver Sportsmans Expo last fall. While Cooper makes their actions and supplies other parts, BOTW builds the rifles themselves. From what I have heard and read, they shoot right along with Gunwerks and other top end customs.
These packages are really great actually. Not only are you getting a top notch rifle and optics, it is all set up right, scope leveled and sighted in, load development is done. There is a lot of time and work that goes into putting it all together and making the system work right.

Back to that 7K custom rifle comment.
I had one built by another firm last winter. It is heavier, weighing in at 13.5 lbs scoped, but it was built as a 1000 yard varmint rifle light enough to carry on above timberline marmot hunts.
So far this month I have taken 8 at over 900 yards, one of which was at 1010, one at 1108, and one at 1156 yards. Anything under 800 does not get fired upon. It is just unbelievably accurate.

If you don't mind me asking, who built your custom rifle?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.