Is anyone hunting with a Cooper rifle?

I have three Jackson Hunters : 260, 280, 308. I use the 260 here for whitetail, the 280 for mulies and elk, and carry the 308 as a backup. Looking for a reason to buy a fourth !'

i have 4 coopers 1 in 221fireball and 3 in 25x47 and use all them for hunting
they shoot very well groups with my hand loads
the prices have really gone up the last few yrs for sure
i can remember buying 2 at the same time and the dealer worked with on the price for both was $1500 out the door :D

here is 1 of the 25x47 in alaska a few yrs back

Attachments

• bou in velvet.JPG
    bou in velvet.JPG
    203.6 KB · Views: 70
I have 2 Coopers:
Jackson Game w great wood in 7mm08. Shoots Superformance 139 gr SST into same hole and 140 GR Accubonds in nobler factory ammo just under half inch.
Great on Whitetail. Nothing long range so far though. Gongs out to 600.
Montana varminter in 25-06. Shoots 110gr Accubond, 100gr NPT, 115 gr npt, and 117 gr superformance sst all same point of impact under 3/4". I actually shot a 4 shot 3/4" group at 100 with one of each. So now I am shooting through my 117 gr SST boxes (1 left) then I will move on to 3 boxes of 100gr npt, then a box of 115 gr npt and end up with my 1/3" grouping doubletap 110 gr acubonds for the coming years. Worst group is with 115 gr npt at 3/4. This rifle is a well built machine. Gongs out to 600 yards no problem.

Yes they are becoming more expensive.

In my book these rifles appreciate over time. They are easier to sell than a custom rem and your money is well parked. Easier to fetch high dollar on gun broker for a cooper than for a custom build. My .02

"They are easier to sell than a custom rem and your money is well parked. Easier to fetch high dollar on gun broker for a cooper than for a custom build. My .02"

This has been my experience as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.