Cooking Hogs?

When I dress out a hog I wear a cheap rain suit and be careful not to get any of the Hog's fluids on me. Then I hose the rain gear off and let air dry. The Brucellosis only lives for a few hours after cleaning and drying the rain gear. As for the meat that I get off of the hog, I have a large cooler filled with ice and water. The pour SALT in with the water and ice and the reaction turns the mix to below freezing. Leave the meat in the ice water over night.
Have you ever deboned deer or pigs without gutting them?

The ones around here are disgusting.
They are owned by the Chinese
Poor management. It benefits the grower by less input cost for greater return if they are clean. Filthy houses mean sick hogs, higher mortality and higher use of medication. You may be seeing them after a DePop at the end of a rotation before they are clean when the culls are left. Except for the show hog growers that bring us hogs, 90% of the small farmers hogs grown on the dirt are far nastier than the ones from the commercial farms. I'm surprised you are able to get in those houses since you grow hogs on the ground, due to bio security. Don't get me wrong, I prefer a marbled chop off of a ground raised hog with an inch of back fat over the lean commercial chops any day.

Have you ever deboned deer or pigs without gutting them?
I never have, but saw it done on hogs before. Prety interesting way to get the meat out.
I like it when I harvest a deer or hog on our property I just use the tractor with the FEL to hang them in the air and put a large plastic tub under them to catch all the guts. Then can cut the meat out.

I never have, but saw it done on hogs before. Prety interesting way to get the meat out.
I like it when I harvest a deer or hog on our property I just use the tractor with the FEL to hang them in the air and put a large plastic tub under them to catch all the guts. Then can cut the meat out.
I do same exact thing minus gutting it.
A lot less mess, not nearly as much blood.

I'll be going after wild pig in oak woodland area so hopefully the acorn diet will help. I'm thinking some backstrap but mainly have it made into sausage with spice recipe as offered by the butcher. I might have some ground without anything additional and cook that up for the dogs. I can see how using the tractor was such a great help on my buddy's Montana Elk this past November.
82C978EE-B8DD-4B05-8F27-9BD3C311D0A7.jpeg

I'll be going after wild pig in oak woodland area so hopefully the acorn diet will help. I'm thinking some backstrap but mainly have it made into sausage with spice recipe as offered by the butcher. I might have some ground without anything additional and cook that up for the dogs. I can see how using the tractor was such a great help on my buddy's Montana Elk this past November.
View attachment 536014
Yep, it's awesome 👏
When my crew come during opening rifle we can be skinning and deboning 3 at once

Gone hunting in south Georgia a couple times. Ended up with about 20 hogs between the 2 trips. Smoke the hams and shoulders to about 205-210 and the meat falls away from the bone. Soak them in a brine for a couple days prior to smoking. Delicious.

I live in Texas. Son-in-law hunts hogs a few times a week, Neither of us has heard of TPWD poisoning hogs. A good while back there was talk of putting something out but when the hog dies, something eats it and that dies, etc.
Im not from Texas and I heard about it few years ago. I dont know how far they got with it or if they are doing it still. Its an easy web search.